CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 24, 2013

IMPOSSIBLE…….

It honestly has to be impossible that I have not updated since November 7th?!  I cannot believe how busy things get and how time flies.  In some respects nothing has changed since November 7th and in some aspects so many things have changed!  I feel like we "parent" so much more lately.  The kids are growing and maturing and along with that comes so many ups and downs. I can truly say though with every day that passes I am more amazed at the children we were blessed with and also know that I completely underestimated parenting!

This weekend was all about Coop.  Saturday was his Birthday Party Day and then he had a couple of the boys spend the night.  I am happy to report it all went great!  Saturday started with Coop's basketball game which is the highlight of every week for him.  He LOVES basketball.  Whether it be practice or a game, he counts the days until the next one.  I love his passion for sports but what I love most is his demeanor.  He never gets discouraged or mad and loves to be the one to assist a shot and less worried about being the one to take the shot.  Now don't get me wrong, he loves to score, but he celebrates his teammates successful shots as much as his own.  I am so proud of that and can only hope that he holds on to his confidence and his ability to recognize others strengths and encourage them.  After his game it was on to his birthday party.  He had it at the local bowling alley this year and I have to admit I was concerned about the chaos but thanks to my sister and friends that stayed to help, Terry and I had it easy.  The kids had a blast and almost everyone was there which made Coop happy!  The sleepover went equally as well.  I was shocked how easy the boys were.  There is no doubt that a boys sleep over is much less drama and work than a girls!!!!  It all was perfect and Coop was super happy so for me it couldn't have been better!  Now we look forward to celebrating his actual birthday on Thanksgiving this year!  The whole family, both Terry's side and mine, will be together which Coop thinks is pretty cool!  I am pretty excited about that too :)












Miss Raelynn has been busy too.  Last week she had her music program and for the first year ever she actually sang and did the actions!!!  She always sort of sings but this year she looked involved and it was awesome.  She did a good job and I just couldn't help but stare at her and realize how grown up she is getting.




Last weekend into the beginning of the week Raelynn and I struggled.  I felt like I was constantly on her.  I felt like she was making poor decisions or just disregarding what she knew she should be doing in general.  Finally Tuesday night I had a long talk with her.  She kept trying to hide under her covers as she cried to avoiding talking to me.  At one point she said, "We don't always have to talk about everything!"  I laughed and assured her that we actually DO have to talk about everything because if we don't talk I can't understand and if I don't understand than I can't be the best parent possible to her.  I also reminded her that it was fine if she didn't want to talk to me but I wasn't going to go anywhere because when she did need me and did want to talk to me, I wanted to be there.  This lasted for about 45 minutes but she did decide talking it out was the answer and by the time we finished we were laying in bed snuggling and laughing about silly stuff.  Sometimes maybe she just needs to cry and maybe sometimes she just needs to challenge me, I really don't know.  But what I do know is that as long as we continue to end with hugs and laughter, we are doing something right.  The rest of the week was a breeze and she was back to her old self full of sarcasm and spunk but respectful and sweet!

Raelynn had fun at Coop's bday too.  She got to have her own sleep over with a friend which probably kept everyone happier :)



We have so much too look forward to this week!  Wednesday I get to spend the day helping Bonnie get  ready for Thanksgiving which I have never been able to do before.  Then Thursday we get to spend the entire day with family and being so grateful for so many things while celebrating one of those very things I am most thankful for.  Then it is Black Friday shopping, arrival of Santa and decorating for Christmas.  Saturday is all about Karli as she celebrates her 21st and then we end on Sunday with decorating for the Festival of Trees.  If you ask me it sounds FANTABULOUS!!!! (And exhausting, hahahaha)


0 comments: