CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 23, 2014

SPRING BREAK IS OVER :(

This past week was Spring Break for the kids.  Every year I plan surprises for the kids after I pick them up.  We never are able to take the week off so the kids attend Boys and Girls Club for the week.  I feel bad that we can't take the week off with them and in the years past they have not enjoyed Boys and Girls Club so a few years ago I came up with the idea to make the most out of it and give them something to look forward to each day as I give them clues in their lunch boxes about what we will be doing when I pick them up.  Unfortunately this week started off a little rough.  Monday was good because we had the St. Patrick's Day Parade and we were able to spend the day together.  However, Tuesday was not such a success.  It was about 4am and I was getting ready to go to the gym.  I was sweeping the floors before I left and I heard Raelynn say from her room, "Mommy, I don't feel so good."  Within a few minutes of those words she was throwing up.  The poor thing literally threw up about 7 times over the next 4 hours.




I do not think she had ever had the stomach flu so bad.  So it was another day off work for me which was not good because we had a lot going on at work and I had already missed Monday.  By 5pm Raelynn was still throwing up but was definitely doing better.  I spent the night on the couch with her and Wednesday morning at 6am sharp I hear, "Mom, I feel sooooo much better!"  I was relieved to hear those words but knew she would be weak.  She sprang up and ate some breakfast and within about 15 minutes she was back on the couch saying she was so tired.  I guess she hadn't had the flu enough to learn that lesson :).  She spent Wednesday with me at work and by noon was feeling great.  I was very thankful it was just a 24 hour flu.  However, this had thrown our Spring Break surprises off so I had to do a little scurrying around to recover what I could of the week.  So Wednesday night we surprised the kids with a trip to Target to buy Frozen and a little treat at DQ before heading home to watch it.  They were super excited as they had been asking for Frozen since we saw it in the theater over Christmas.  Thursday the weather was beautiful and I took a great chance on my surprise.  I decided we would visit some Nature Trails and go for a little hike.  I honestly had no idea if the kids would think this was fun.  I started with a trip to Orange Leaf so I knew at least one thing would be a hit.  Then we travel to the Nature Trails.  To my relief the kids had a blast.  They ran and climbed and laughed.  It wasn't too far that they got tired but it was far enough to give us a good hour or so hike.  They played and acted silly and we had a wonderful time.









Friday I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted to do when I got a text from our friends to join them at CiCi's for dinner.  We then decided to finish the night at the Lego Movie which the kids had been asking to see.  They were so happy with their final surprise.  It was another fun night and besides Cooper getting ice stuck in his throat, it was perfect.  Yes, our Cooper always keeps things exciting.


So after a fun week and a pretty easy weekend, we are ready for another busy week ahead.  I continue to believe I must be the luckiest person in the world as I listen to my kids play together and even make their own banana splits together.  They are wonderful children and I love them both so much!!!  Between the town of them and Terry, they fill my heart with more happiness than anyone deserves!

0 comments: