CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

QUICK UPDATE

This month is going by so fast. Cooper was up to 7lbs 7oz last Thursday and we see the doctor again tomorrow. His face is finally starting to fill out and his little legs don't look like toothpicks anymore. Everyone that sees him says "oh he is so tiny" but I think he is getting much bigger. It is sometimes hard to think that he is a little over 6 weeks though because he does look awful small when you think about it that way. He is getting more alert everyday. He is starting to smile a lot and loves to play peekaboo. Raelynn and he play a lot. She reads and sings to him every morning and he loves it. She wants to teach him to walk and color but I told her he wasn't quite ready for that yet. :) She has been so good!!! She makes me laugh so much everyday. I cannot believe the way she can reason and the questions she comes up with. She helps out so much around the house and when I tell her I am proud of something she has done, she tells me that she is proud of how good Cooper has been that day. It is so cute! I have taught her to play Memory, Go Fish and The Old Maid. As most of you know I have very little patience but teaching a 2 year old to play games has taught me all sorts of patience. At first I thought I was going to loose my mind but I am getting much better now. The truth is I find both of the kids amazing! They are so cute and smart....what else could I ask for :).
Tomorrow I am going into work for the afternoon and Lisa is watching the kids. I will miss them so much. I just hope they are as good for her as they are for me. Raelynn is excited to see Lisa again and she told me she would take care of Cooper so Lisa did not have to worry about him. I couldn't help but laugh!!! I am sure Lisa will have more help from her then she needs. It will be a good trial run for us all.
Terry is working like crazy and helping out when he is home. I do Cooper's 3am feeding then change my clothes and go to the gym and workout. I get home about 5:15am and go back to bed. Terry gets up at 6am and feeds Cooper and then gets Raelynn up about 6:30am. By 7 to 7:30am we are all up and at it. The schedule seems to be working really well and we'll just have to adjust a little when I go back to work full time. I had to quit breastfeeding so I could go back on my migraine medicine so that is one less thing we have to fit in. The evening schedule just makes me laugh. I never realized how many things you can fit into 4 hours....make dinner--feed Cooper--eat dinner-clean up dinner-give Raelynn a bath--give Cooper his meds--give Cooper a bath--get Raelynn a snack--read nighttime stories--put Raelynn to bed--feed Cooper--put Cooper to bed. In the middle of all that of course we have laundry, the phone, changing Cooper 300 times (hahaha) and who knows what else. I know....the same thing everyone else does but I had no idea it would be so hectic!!! It is great though and I could not be happier!
The next two weeks I am sure will fly by. We plan a trip back home on the 26th to see my Grandma and Aunt Barbara. We want them to meet Cooper and it has been some time since they have seen Raelynn. I will start back to work on Feb 1st. Then we will all settle into a new schedule. Then things should level out and be back to normal, at least back to our "normal".

3 comments:

Moms said...

Eh, normal is soooo over rated!

Anonymous said...

It was so great meeting Cooper and hanging out with you guys on Saturday. I can't wait until the next time I come into town.
Neice Cassie

Anonymous said...

It was so great meeting Cooper and hanging out with you guys on Saturday. I can't wait until the next time I come into town.
Neice Cassie