CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

WHAT WILL 2008 BRING!!!!

Well the new year has began and it is definitely a "new" year. We started the new year over at Tom and Jan's. It was our first outing with two kids and boy how the second one makes a difference. I forgot Cooper's milk and medicine, but we were only 30 minutes late and for us that is pretty good. So shortly after arriving to Tom and Jan's Terry had to return home to retrieve the forgotten items. He did so with sigh but a smile on his face! We had a great time and Raelynn even stayed up to see the new year in. This made for a very grumpy little girl on New Year's Day, but she has finally got caught up on her sleep and is back to her sweet but ornery ways. Thursday we had another doctor's appointment for Cooper and he is up to 7lbs 1oz. Dr. Kelley was very pleased with his progress and so was I. Saturday, the kids and I went out to get groceries and run a few other errands. I had planned on this taking a couple hours and we would be back home. Who was I kidding? After loading and unloading two kids and just the constant struggle to keep little Miss Raelynn focused on what and where we were going I was exhausted. After the third stop I called Terry and let him know I would be going to the grocery store alone after he got off work and came home to stay with the kids. He laughed and said, "that is assuming I come home". I did not laugh but reassured him that I would hunt him down if he did not come home. This is all in good humor but it is really quite different having two :) The crazy thing is, when we are home this job seems way to easy. Raelynn and Cooper are both so good. We play games, put puzzles together and read a lot, but they also let me get things done. It is only when we venture out that I feel like things are chaos!
Today was a little rough. My migraines are back! It started about 7 am and that meant Dad had to take over. As I lay with my head covered from the light and completely detached from what was going on around me I could not help but notice that my daughter never stops. I guess because I am just like her, I never notice that the girl never sits down or stops talking. She just gos and gos. If I could have laughed I would have because listening to Terry keep up with her and continually answer her questions and satisfy her demands was hysterical. He had everything under control and made sure that both were fed and having fun. When I finally came back to life about 2 pm Raelynn informed me that I needed some soup to make my head feel better! She will make such a good mom some day. So I guess my wishful thinking that the migraines were gone was just that, wishful thinking!
So tomorrow Raelynn is back to school and therefore, Cooper and I will have the morning to ourselves. I love being home with my kids but I really am starting to miss work again. I like having my life too busy and right now I am just finding things to make myself busy. I know I will cry when I have to leave them at Lisa's and I will miss them terribly but I also know that it just makes me appreciate the time we have together even more. I really do love and appreciate everything in my life from the kids to Terry to my job. I am really lucky!!!

3 comments:

Moms said...

Happy New Year from the Smittys!!! We are so happy that Cooper is home and growing like a weed. Can't wait to meet him.

Love you guys!
Niece Kylie

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad you're doing this blog. I LOVE checking out Cooper's progress and keeping in touch with the whole family. The pictures are the BEST!!! More would be great!!! ha! ha! Love you guys, Cathy (& Don, hee! hee!)

Anonymous said...

Love keeping in touch with the Keefers with the blog. We are so happy that Cooper is gaining weight, like most of us. Ha!
Hope your daily routine is now under control and everything going well.
Our love and best wishes to everyone.
Uncle Randy and Aunt Sue