CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

COOPER NEEDS TO GROW--RAELYNN IS GROWING TOO FAST!!!

We visited the cardiologist yesterday and in general the appointment went good. Cooper's heart still sounds and looks good and his oxygen saturation level was in the 80's where we want it. However in the weight gain department, "Cooper is not setting any records" words directly from the cardiologist. He is just small. At 9lbs 2oz he seems like he is growing great but the doctors all say they are happy he is gaining but wish he would gain more faster. As long as his shunt holds out, we will be fine. The longer we can go and the bigger he is, the better! This also means that we are still feeding every 3 hours. I thought my body would be getting used to the 4 to 5 hours of interrupted sleep but it is not. Sometimes I think it is even getting harder. The crazy things I have done at night from just lack of sleep are so silly it is embarrassing! One morning while I was running on the treadmill I actually felt my self dozing.
Cooper himself is getting cuter by the day. He loves Raelynn and she can always make him smile. He smiles a lot but when he decides he wants something, there is no messing around. He goes from smiles to screams in seconds. I think he is going to be much more like me and less like Raelynn and Terry :) I wait every day to hear him laugh but so far we are just getting a lot of smiles which I love!!! He is also getting more hair. He still has little dumbo ears but we have hopes he will grow into those over the years.
Raelynn is 2 going on 12. She still rules the house and every day I look at her I see myself more and more. The way she talks and her mannerisms would make anyone laugh. She took another session of swimming lessons and did fantastic! We enroll her Saturday for next year's preschool. I asked her if she wanted to go every day or just on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and her response was "I'll think about it and tell you in the morning". Are you kidding me!!!!!!!! She is a big fan of American Idol as everyone in our household is. However, I think she is the most opinionated. As we watched last night she spoke right up and said Mom she stinks! The scary thing was....she was right. She also gets very excited when she receives mail. Our local credit union sent her a little monthly flyer and when Terry gave it to her she looked at it as though to read it and said "Oh Daddy, isn't that so sweet!" She truly keeps us very entertained!
Terry has been redoing our master bathroom or in my terms....making a big mess. The good thing is after the big mess the end result really is nice. Maybe he will keep on a roll and start working on finishing our basement :) (haha, love you Terry) So we are all keeping busy and loving life....most of the time!!!

Terry got Cooper and Raelynn little Woodstocks for V-Day!!!




Terry and Raelynn built a snowman while Cooper and I watched from the warm indoors!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So LOVE to read your blog. Glad things are falling into place. Gosh--I need you to come organize me!!! I have nothing but time and can't seem to get anything done :-)
Thank you for keeping us informed & entertained with your family, ha! ha! Love you, Cathy

Anonymous said...

Im very glad to here the every one is doing good. I cant wait to see you all again. I MISS YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!


Love
Aunt Karli