CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Do you remember when you were little and you would say "that's not fair!", well I have a whole new perspective of what's "not fair".......changing an absolutely disgusting diaper when you have the flu! THAT IS NOT FAIR!!!!! :) Yes, this past weekend was not wonderful. I either got the flu or ate something that I should not have but Friday night I got sick. I felt rough most of Saturday also. Of course Mom's don't get to be sick because little people still need to eat and get dressed and watch movies and go to the bathroom, all of which they need your help with. As soon as I started to feel human again there were a million things to do because I had not gotten anything done for whole 24 hour period. So at about 5pm on Saturday I went into high gear sterilizing and disinfecting the whole house just in case it was a touch of the flu. I am actually leaning more towards it was something I ate but regardless I think my house was cleaner than the hospital. Sunday we had Kaden's birthday party which Raelynn had looked forward to all week. While I was feeding Cooper Kelly filled Raelynn's plate at the party which consisted of potato chips and M&M's. When I asked Raelynn who gave her the M&M's, she replied "Kelly. I love her." It was hilarious. Give my kid sweets and she'll love 'ya forever. After that we were off to our candle party for the March of Dimes. We had a great show of course....Kudos to Sherri as she always provides a great show. She was able to pass on 30% of all proceeds to benefit the March of Dimes and right now I am sitting at about $150 and am still collecting orders. I am very excited about that and extend my thanks to everyone who has contributed. I am so lucky to have such supportive friends. Thank you! As you can tell Sunday was a very busy day. We did not make it to church and Raelynn was very disappointed. I have discovered that Raelynn loves the music at church and that is why she never wants to stay in her Sunday School Class. She told me last week that she wanted to go to church with me because she liked it when I sang to her. Who can resist that??? I gladly took her into church with me and as soon as the singing was over proceeded to give her raisins, fruit snacks and life savers to keep her quiet as the pastor spoke :). And my parents think I didn't learn anything from them, hahahha.

As for Coop, he is going to be the death of us! He has started have these episodes as we like to call them of pure screaming. There seems to be nothing we can do to calm him and he acts as if he is in pain. He used to have them every once in awhile but now the are more frequent and last longer. Terry was very concerned about it this weekend and thought maybe we should let the doctors know. I hesitated because I do not want to run to them every time something is a little off. However, today Lisa called and agreed with Terry that she thought I should call. Lisa is always the last to think we should call the doctor so with her reinforcing what Terry said, I called. Well guess what? Yep, more lab work. Just like everything else this could be a sign of trouble. Therefore, they want us to bring in a stool sample and they will check his white blood cell count and we will go from there. So here we are, since 3:30 this afternoon, waiting for our son to poop. I am positive that he will wait until right between the midnight and 3am feeding to do his duty and I will have the pleasure of waking Terry and sending him to the 24 hour lab with poopy diaper in hand! The pleasures of parenthood! Oh yeah, did I mention Terry is once again sick with cold? Oh yes, yet another to take care of. (Just kidding Terry) Anyway, things are wonderful with us. As much as I sometimes believe the days will never end I still could not be happy than I am with my sick husband, temperamental son and demanding daughter!!!

0 comments: