CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

OK,OK,OK I AM UPDATING OUR BLOG....

So I keep getting emails and comments that I need to update our blog....ok people I am updating the blog! Hasn't anyone told you that working full time and raising 2 kids is rather time consuming? Oh yes, you are all doing the same things too. I am only joking but I really am finding it harder and harder to keep up with everything. I keep being told that it is ok if the floors don't get swept twice a day and the vacuum ran but I still believe it can all be done and all be done very well if you just stay on top of things. The only thing I have yet to figure out is how to keep everything going in such a short 24 hour day :)

Anyway....the last few weeks have been pretty busy. We took Coop to the doctor on the 21st to follow up on his ear infection and it was doing well. The doctor said if we made it past the 26th without another we would be in good shape and we have! He is a much better baby now that the ear infection is gone. He is also getting easier to read and is much more interactive. He is full of smiles and has officially laughed. He laughed first for his Aunt Karli which is no surprise as his big sister is a huge fan of Aunt Karli too. He is also starting to put on a little weight. He is a little over 10lbs now and seems to be filling out. He is growing in length too because he is actually growing out of some of his sleepers. Cooper really likes his Daddy! I keep saying he likes him better than me. But I am not worried, I will make my move when he gets a little bigger :)
My family came up for Easter. The actually came for Chandler's Birthday and Baptism celebrations but Easter fell right in there as well. I also had a little project for my Dad. He and Terry put lights below and above my cabinets. Although they created a huge mess, the lights look fabulous and I eventually got the mess cleaned up. Saturday night we celebrated Easter with the Keefer's at Bonnie's house. She invited my whole family as well and we had a great time
Sunday we headed to Sherri's for Chandler's Baptism and Birthday. It was wonderful as well and we had a great time. But I have to tell you the funniest thing....Sherri always makes her kids, as well as mine, these fantastic cakes. Well Chandler wanted a shamrock cake this year. So Sherri stayed up all night Saturday and made Chandler this cute cake. We got home from church Sunday morning and the dog had ate the cake! I know I shouldn't laugh but I am laughing right now just thinking about it. Sherri was furious and Chandler was a little sad but come on.....that is too funny!!!
So the family left Sunday and Monday Raelynn got sick! I don't know if it was the flu or what but she fought a very high fever for 3 days. She didn't sleep or eat and did nothing but want to be held. The first few days I was very sympathetic but now we are down to this horrible hacking cough and a very winy little girl. This past week has been long. Raelynn hasn't been sleeping well so between Cooper's nightly feedings I am in with her and basically I am exhausted. Add to it a few other issues I won't bore you with, I was elated when Friday rolled around. Friday night a friend of ours offered to teach us infant massage. We took her up on the offer and I am glad we did. Cooper loves it! I think it will be a very relaxing thing for him and gives us some good time together.
So April will be here in a few days and I will start running outside again. Yard work should begin soon and this cold weather should become a thing of the past. Therefore, I am certain this next week will be much more enjoyable than last! But whatever the week may bring I am still the happiest Mommy in the world!



0 comments: