CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

JUST GO WITH THE FLOW.....

I don't even know where to start, let's see......ok, last week Lisa went on vacation. This was a well deserved vacation and planned way in advance. She was gone Thursday, Friday and Monday. Of course Sherri is my back up babysitter so she planned to watch the kids. Wednesday night I picked up the kids from Lisa's and headed home. That is when the fun started. Sherri called and Chandler had the flu!!! This meant I had no sitter for Thursday. I called a couple trustworthy friends and just my luck no one could help out. Tom was out of town at a meeting and there was no way I was going to leave Jill at work by herself. So Thursday was "bring your kids to work day". I was terrified! Thursday morning we had a doctor appointment for Cooper. They were very pleased with how he was doing. He is up to 9lbs 14oz. They couldn't really give us any reason for the crying episodes but said we would watch him. After the appointment I loaded the kids, toys, coloring books, DVD player, medicine and tons of snacks and off to work we went. I set them up in the back office that is currently empty and instructed Raelynn that she was not to show her face outside that office if we were on the phone or a client was in the office. She seemed to understand :). To my amazement they were angels. Not only did Raelynn listen to what I said but when one of our insured tried to go back into the office to see her she shut the door and said "No, I am not suppose to see you!" Jill took Raelynn to McDonald's for lunch and they bought some play dough. That kept Raelynn occupied for the afternoon. They were soooo good and I was very proud of them both. Thursday night Jan called and offered to come to the house to watch them Friday, I was so relieved b/c I knew I could not hope for such great results two days in a row. Friday went well too. Raelynn had so much fun with Jan and Cooper behaved himself pretty well too. He really likes Jan!!! I again was very happy. Unfortunately, that is where it ended. Friday night Cooper cried.....no I mean screamed the entire night. Saturday.....screamed. Sunday.....screamed. Terry informed me that I would call the doctor Monday morning because "we" could not keep doing this. We were all exhausted, Cooper included, and there was definitely something wrong. Monday morning Terry took the kids over to Sherri's and Cooper screamed some more. I called the doctor and of course they wanted us to come in again. Sherri brought the kids back to Lawrence and we went to see the doctor. Cooper had a severe ear infection in both ears. Yea! Terry and I were so happy! You might think this was a weird response to the fact your baby has a severe ear infection but that meant it wasn't his heart and there was a reason he had been crying 24/7. They gave him a shot and it seemed to start helping shortly after. He is still pretty fussy but he smiles and sleeps between the crying fits so we feel much better. Of course Raelynn was a trooper through all of this. She asked me Sunday night how Cooper was feeling and I told her he wasn't feeling well but we would figure out what was wrong with him soon. She told me it was ok and she would fix her own dinner and take a shower by herself so I could keep holding Cooper. Could she possibly be any cuter??!!!!! Our friends Tatum and Donovan had came over on Saturday to visit and of course we watched the Hawks win the Big 12 so we did have some fun over the weekend too.

My family is coming to visit this weekend for Easter and to celebrate Chandler's birthday and her baptism. I am so excited to see them and for them to see the kids. It has been awhile since they have been here to visit. We also have the Keefer's Easter on Saturday night so it will be a great family weekend and a lot of fun pictures!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

update your blog!