CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 20, 2010

UGH......THE HOUSE IS TOO QUIET..................

The kids headed back to Grandma's house this morning with Aunt Steph.  I don't think I will ever get to a point that I enjoy it when they are gone.  The house is brutally quiet and there are no giggles, shrills or hugs all around us. I can't wait to see them again!

This past weekend was busy but fun.  I survived Steph's 21st Birthday Celebration.  We had a great time.  I got a call from the kids right before they went to bed.  We were out eating dinner at the time and while I was talking to Coop he started to cry because he wanted me.  Therefore, I started to cry.  It was awful.  I got off the phone and not long afterwards Terry text me and said he was fine and had quit crying.  Saturday morning when I got home both kids squeezed me so tight I felt it in my toes and it felt great.  They screamed and smiled and almost made it worth missing them so much!  Saturday and Sunday we spent finishing our Christmas shopping and baking cookies and other goodies.  I think we are all ready for Christmas!

Coop is doing great with potty training!  He didn't even have an accident all the way back to Scott City and before they left he even told Cody he had to go.  I am so proud of him and relieved we are almost there.  Coop's new favorite movie is Bambi.  He is addicted to it and will beg to watch it.  In the mornings he runs through his chores....making his bed, feeding Poho, brushing his teeth.......just so he has time to watch part of it.  Raelynn is her usually self, too smart for her own good :)  The other day we were discussing something and she says to me after I had suggested one way to handle a situation, "well Mom I think that is a great idea but I think I have a better solution....."  Could she sound any more like me?  It is amazing how the pick up on everything!

I wish everyone safe travels during the Christmas holiday!

0 comments: