CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

WHAT A MERRY CHRISTMAS.................

I really don't even know where to begin......quite simply we had a wonderful Christmas!  We started our Christmas celebration last Sunday evening.  Since the kids were leaving with Steph and Cody to go back to Scott City on Monday, we did our small family Christmas Sunday evening.  We usually just have some soup and let the kids open a few presents and then take a few pics. 

The kids then left Monday morning and Monday and Tuesday were very long days.  Finally Tuesday night Terry and I headed back to Scott City too.  The best and worst part of heading back there is that we spend every day doing nothing but eating and this trip was no exception.  When we get the whole family together we have so many laughs and time flies by.  My sisters and I are all so uniquely different you would wonder how we all grew up in the same house.  As we grow older our differences seem to be more apparent and for anyone who has siblings they are close with, know that your siblings are the most judgemental people you will probably ever encounter.  However, regardless of the ridicule you may take you also know that there are no other people in the world that love you more.  Therefore, when you put the dynamics of my family together you either cry or laugh and we always laugh.  Even trips to the grocery store are filled with nothing but laughter.  We pick on each other, make fun of each other, disagree, yet I love visiting.  You have my older sister who is her own person and has little concern for what others think of her.  She is loud and outspoken.  Things have never been "easy" for her.  She and I are like day and night.  She was always "motherly" to me when we were young and now, well I guess I am a little more of the "motherly" one.  Next there is me who is a perfectionist and Type A personality.  I like things my way and usually think my way is the best way.  However, I am not outspoken and usually keep my opinions to myself except when it comes to my family.  Next there is Steph who is so much like me but with some bold differences.  She is outspoken and opinionated and never hides her emotions or at least from me.  She also thinks her way is the best way but we just find humor in this as long as "our ways" are the same.  Then there is the baby, Karli.  She is eager to please and the "good" one.  I don't know anything negative you could say about her other than she needs to speak her mind maybe a little more.  So imagine putting us all in a house together for 5 days.......you are bound to have some good laughs.  The highlight of our humor this year I think is that we were convinced Cody was going to propose to Steph.  I think I convinced the whole family including Steph.  There is no way for me to explain all the innocent texts we sent to her when she was with Cody's family inquiring if there was anything exciting going on over there, or the glances I would make at her finger every time they would leave and return, or my constant drilling of my Dad as to whether Cody had talked to him yet.  Unfortunately so far we have been a little disappointed but I am still a little hopeful as we still have New Year's :)  The thing is Cody is so much a part of our family and fits right in to the chaos.  He reminds me of Terry in the fact that he is laid back and just shakes his head at our insanity.  Anyway, it really became more of a hopeful joke than anything but I still can't wait for that excitement. 

This was my Dad's idea of humor regarding the whole idea of "marriage"
 There were so many other topics of discussion to long to go into that kept us in constant discussion.  Christmas itself seemed to be over in a blink of an eye. We had our big day on Christmas Eve eating more food than I do all year long and opening an insane amount of presents.  Raelynn and Cooper were in pure heaven all week.  My Mom spoils them like crazy.  They have cousins to play with and our constant attention.  They were so cute opening their gifts and would get so excited.  Coop got a train set and table and could not wait to get it set up.  We told him after several requests to put it together that we would not put it together until we got home.  Terry even took it and loaded it in the truck so he wouldn't constantly see it.  He finally quit asking about it until Sunday night when we returned home.  We had just gotten home and were walking inside. Coop literally takes one step inside, turns around and says, "We put my train table together right now?"  It was so cute Terry could not resist and set it all up for him.  It is awesome and Coop loves it. He wants to go downstairs and play as soon as he wakes up.  Raelynn likes it too and they have already spent a lot of time playing.  Raelynn got her guitar from Santa as she requested and so many other things I can hardly keep track.  I love giving the kids presents and they are so grateful and sweet about them.  So Christmas was definitely a success all the way around. 
After our gift opening on Christmas Eve afternoon we headed to our family's Church for Christmas Eve service.  We love their service and it is very much a part of our tradition.  My niece, Cassidy, sang a beautiful solo which was awesome to be there for since I did not even know she could sing!  The Pastor also acknowledged Cooper's presence there in front of the congregation and pointed out that the Lord had answered so many prayers.  As the congregation applauded for our sweet boy I thought Terry and I were going to burst into tears right there.  Partly because we know how fortunate we are to have Cooper but also because it is quite touching that a group of people so far away from here had so much to do with Coop's medical success through their prayer and that they opened a little piece of their heart for our little Cooper.  I am not sure how you say thank you for things like that. I just hope that the smiles and joy that Cooper, Raelynn, Terry and I show everyday displays some of the great appreciation we have for everyone who has had even a passing thought about our family.







 Christmas Day my Aunt Barbara came to Scott City and we had another marvelous meal and a few more gifts were exchanged. My aunt works with a dog breeder in McDonald and they had a little puppy that needed some extra attention so she brought the little puppy with her. The kids loved seeing the little pup and even got to feed it. The kids know me all to well though and never even once asked if they could have her. On the way home Raelynn said how cute she was and followed it by saying, "I washed my hands Mom every time I played with her." It cracked me up........I love that they happily abide by my rules :)

So we are now back in Lawrence and after 4 days I think I finally have everything put away. Next will be undecorating for Christmas and redecorating the house....my favorite part! Karli came back with us to watch the kids this week while our daycare was closed. They have had a wonderful time and last night Karli and I even snuck out for the KU game and a little sister time together. Love the holidays and am sad to say another year coming to an end but super excited to see what 2011 holds for us!


 

Raelynn and Alise (Her American Girl Doll) in their cowgirl outfits


1 comments:

Jenny said...

What great pictures! I'm glad to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas!! Happy New Year!! :)