CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR..............

Here we go 2011.....let's see what you have in store for us!  I sat and thought for a minute how much I really mean this.  Isn't it exciting, scary and so suspenseful to think about what the next year has in store?  Every since Coop was born......well really even since Raelynn was born.......I look forward to every day to see what happens and to think that we have 365 days to wonder about is almost overwhelming but absolutely wonderful! 

2010 ended with a little fun with the kids.  I only had to work until noon on Friday so after work I picked up one of Raelynn's best friends and we headed to Overland Park to the mall where there just happens to be the American Girl Store.  If you are not familiar with American Girl Dolls you are truly missing out.  They are these perfectly wonderful dolls that are ridiculously expensive.  You can design the dolls to look just like you.  They have clothes that are for the girls as well as the dolls so you can dress just like your American Girl Doll.  I have to say when Raelynn first started talking about them 3 years ago I swore I would never spend that kind of money on a doll but I have to tell you, they are awesome!  Anyway, we had a great time browsing the store and saw so many things that "we" want!  Raelynn has the Bitty Baby which she got for her birthday.  I told her she could have one thing for her Bitty Baby and what did she pick?  The "Get Better" Kit loaded with your necessities, band aids, stethoscope, etc.  After all the fun there we headed to the carousel and play area.  The kids had a wonderful time and it was fun just to watch them. At one point Raelynn and her friends turned to me and said, "Your awesome!"  I cannot think of a better thank you! 


New Year's Eve we stayed safely at home.  It was more fun with the kids and we all made it to the New Year, well sort of!  Once the ball dropped in NY it's technically the New Year :)  We all crashed shortly after. 

Tickle Time!  Poor Aunt Karli :)

Karli headed home today.  I always hate it when my sister's leave!  Karli was so much help to have around and just great to share our fun times with.  But I guess we have to get back to our routine and on with the year.  I spent the day cleaning and doing laundry.  Raelynn continues to be her same awesome self and enjoyed the day watching way more TV then I ever allow.  Coop is doing amazing and I would say has accomplished the whole potty thing.  Today, I was in the middle of mopping the floors and had been interrupted several times.  He hollered as me to say he had went potty.  I went to the bathroom and told him good job but I was distracted and just wanted to get my floors done.  Coop says, "Mommy, smile, aren't you proud of me?"  Instantly a smile spread across my face and tears filled my eyes.  I am so glad my kids can so quickly turn my attention to what really matters.  I quickly turned to him and dropped to my knees to hug him.  With a big smile I told him I was very proud of him and very thankful that he was my little Boo.  I stopped right then and the kids and I did a little wrestling and tickling on the floor.  It was just a few minutes of laughter but I knew just taking those few minutes would make the rest of my mopping much more enjoyable.

0 comments: