CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

ENGAGED!!!

This post has been a long time coming...........my little sister, Steph, is finally engaged!  The truth is I have known since shortly after Christmas that Cody planned to propose but his plans seemed to keep getting "cancelled".  As you know from my previous posts I really thought he would propose over Christmas but it never happened.  I had drilled my Dad as to whether Cody had talked to him about it but he promised over and over again that he had not.  We had only been back from Christmas a day or so when I receive a text from my Dad, "Cody just talked to me!"  I screamed and ran around my house like a crazy lady.  I was sooooo excited.  The plan was that after Cody's family had their family pictures that they had scheduled to take on the 27th or 28th he would turn to her and say, "Let's get our engagement picture taken while we are here?" and then he would pop the question.  Unfortunately due to members of the family getting the flu pictures were postponed and eventually cancelled.  Then it was going to be on New Year's Eve......Steph and Cody had planned to have a big celebration back in Manhattan, but they got snowed in at Scott City and spent New Year's watching a movie.  Now the thing was I was not even suppose to know and the only other person who knew was my Dad so needless to say he received texts often begging him to find out when Cody was going to propose.   Then on Sunday January 9th, Steph had spent the night with Cody's family the night before.  Sunday morning they were to go to church with our family.  As they were getting around Cody was complaining about having to go to church and Steph says to him, "Give me a diamond and you don't have to go to church!"  She joked with him often this way.  So Cody did just that!  He set the ring out on a table or counter or something and I guess Steph walked by it 3 or 4 times before she actually saw it and then when she did see it she was scared to acknowledge it.  Finally it all happened and wouldn't you know I missed her exciting call that I had been waiting so long for because I was in church.  It was nearly and hour after her call that I called her back.  I was so excited for them.  I was driving home and after talking to her I told Coop and Raelynn that Aunt Steph and Cody were engaged!  Neither Coop or Raelynn said much.  The smiled a little but that was about it.  I was shocked because they love Cody and I thought they would be more excited.  I said, "isn't that so exciting" and I just got a "ya!"  I drove a little farther thinking why they were not more excited.  Then it hit me, "Guys, do you know what engaged means?"  Raelynn and Cooper in unison so "No."  I started to laugh and then told them they were getting married.  They were much more excited then!

Steph and Cody~ You are about to enter a whole new stage of your life.  You both have so much still to learn and I am thrilled that you will have each other to learn it with.  I cannot tell you how wonderful being married to your best friend is.  It is not all easy and it takes work but just remember how you feel right now and never forget that!  There is so much excitement to come but it will come along with so many more emotions too.  Cherish them all both good and bad and remember it is the bad that will make you stronger together and the good that will keep you coming back for more.  You are now a team and as in any team, you must bring your own individuality but must also form your individuality to one another so that you are both seen in your decisions and actions.  Steph I have watched you grow up as I have grown up myself.  You are a wonderful person and a extraordinary sister.  I am so happy for you!  I am always here for you and cannot wait to share in your excitement!

Oh yea, and the most important part......................




THE RING!


CONGRATULATION!

Dad, get your checkbook out and let the planning begin................

0 comments: