CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A COMPLETELY UNPLANNED WEEKEND.......

Well taking up where we left off........the week did not improve as far as Raelynn and her sadness as we left her every day.  I still am unsure why she is struggling but hoping it is just a phase.  We'll see how next week progresses.  I asked her today if she was going to cry next week when I took her to school and her reply was, "I sure hope not but let's just see what happens."  I guess I am much more concerned about it than she is :)

This weekend did not go at all as I had expected.  Raelynn was going to Washburn University on Saturday for a dance clinic and then performed during the woman's half time show.  So she left about 11:30am and then we went to her game at 5:30pm.  She had a blast! She went with her best friend, Paige and Paige's sister Riley,  They were too cute dancing.  I also discovered one more way that my daughter is exactly like me......the girl can't dance!  However, at 5 it is adorably cute, I am not sure at what age it just becomes embarrassing, so I hope she enjoys it why she can.  I had recorded the dance but can't get it downloaded or you could laugh with us as Paige shakes her booty and Raelynn tries so hard but looks more like a robot trying to loosen his joints!  Of course though we gave her big hugs and high fives to ensure that she knew she rocked the house!





After the performance we had some time with the Ichabod.  Raelynn got us into a little trouble with the Ichabod when she decided to call him the Icky Ichabod.  He chased her all around and then picked her up and gave her a good tickling!  I guess at least she made an impression as I am sure we will be seeing the Icky Ichabod as we visit Aunt Karli next year at college.
While Raelynn was at Washburn I had big plans to get things done at home.  Unfortunately instead I felt horrible.  I ran a fever all day and every muscle in my body hurt.  I felt terrible!  I laid on the couch and from time to time would get up to try to do something only to be completely out of breath and exhausted.  Finally I gave up and realized I was going to get nothing done.  Cooper was the sweetest boy all day......and a little ornery.  I put him down for a nap about 2:30pm  about 4:00pm he came walking into the living room with his little grin that tells us he has done something.  He says, "Mommy, I tink you need to see someting."  I got up and walked into his room.  He had every puzzle in his room out.  "I put dem together myself!"  He was so proud of himself.  I don't think he slept at all but I also couldn't get mad because he was so proud.  All day he played, got his drinks, went to the bathroom all by himself.  He would come and tell me but never whined or cried and asked for help.  He would sometimes come over and give me a hug or a kiss and then would be on his way.  At one point he went downstairs, got me a bottle of water and brought it back up to me.  He handed it to me and said he thought I might be thirsty.  It was perfect!  He also dressed himself.  He would come in and say, "I need a wittle bit of help, but not much." Luckily, I woke up this morning good as new.  But of course after loosing a whole day I had a million things to do.  Luckily I had a very productive day....unfortunately, Raelynn woke up not feeling so well. She has ran a low grade fever and felt just not great but nothing too bad.  Hopefully she too will wake up tomorrow good as new.  Because she wasn't feeling too good she spent a lot of time watching TV.  At one point Coop had stopped in the living room to catch a little of Hanna Montana.  I was in the kitchen and heard Coop say to Raelynn, "Jessie broke Hanna Montana's heart."  Raelynn replies, "Yea boys do that sometimes."  Coop so sincerely says, "I never break girls heart cause I not want her to have surgery to fix it."  I didn't know whether to cry or laugh.  I heard no response from Raelynn or anything else from Coop and I didn't say anything either.  It just seemed more appropriate to say nothing. 

So today I decided to accept the volunteer position as Preschool Director at our church.  I was approached about the position a week or so ago and my first thought was no way do I have the time for that but just as quickly I replied to an email saying I would consider it.  I met with them today to find out what it entailed and knew I was going to agree to do it even though I still questioned if I had time for it.  I finished our meeting and went into church. The first thing the pastor spoke about was how we have to be willing to let God use us in the manner he wants and how some of us never open ourselves to let this happen.  I just smiled and thought, Ok ok God I got it!  So starting in June I will be the new Preschool Director and as the day went on I just got more and more excited about it.  They have a wonderful team and some amazing support and helpers so I know it will be great.

So on to another week......can't wait to see what this one holds!

0 comments: