CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 10, 2012

BAMBI II--A REAL TEAR JERKER.........

Raelynn is at a sleep over tonight which of course makes me a little emotional anyway, but then Coop decided we should watch a movie together and chose Bambi II.  Raelynn never allows any Bambi movies to be watched so I thought this would be perfect!  Well, now I know why Raelynn never wants to watch it! I had to get up twice for kleenexes and I held Coop's hand through the whole thing.  I think I told him I loved him a million times throughout the movie.  It was ridiculous!!!  What a great movie though :)  It was a wonderful evening with Coop.  It is amazing how easy and how quiet the house is with only one munchkin.

Early last week I ran across a fact that made me really open my eyes and realize even more how precious our time with the kids really is.  The article read, "There are only 940 Saturdays between a child's birth and her leaving for college.  If your child is 5 years old, 260 of those Saturdays are already gone."  Now I don't know about anyone else but this was jaw dropping to me.  As a working Mom, I cherish Saturdays and Sundays.  Lately, however, with the kids getting older and being able to occupy themselves, I had started taking less time to set aside errands, housework, paperwork, laundry, etc. to just take a walk or play outside.  Well let me tell you this article was just what I needed.  Last weekend we spent time playing baseball with Coop and roller blading with Raelynn. 960 Saturdays is just not enough!!!  I wish we worked on the weekends and played during the week, this would give us 4,800 days together between their birth and them leaving for college and even that doesn't seem like enough!!!  How will I ever be ready!!!

This weekend is full of birthday fun.  This morning Coop and Raelynn both celebrated their friend Kaden's birthday.  They had a great time and Coop showed off his Bball skills but he was among some of the greats!

Coop also told me today he wished there was a Yes Day.  I questioned him as to what a "Yes Day" was.  He says, "It would be like when we wake up we would tell you, can we have pizza for breakfast and you would say Yes!"  He went on and gave me a few more examples.  Then I confirmed that it would be awesome and when I asked he and Raelynn to act calm and sit down they would say yes and do it.  Coop responded, "Yea that wouldn't make Yes Day so fun!"  I guess I thought if he could dream so could I! :)

As I sit here updating this blog, I am constantly looking at my phone.  Could you imagine if my daughter no longer needed to call to tell me goodnight from her sleep over?  Just another sign that she is growing up and I am not!  I know she is having a great time and luckily I can see the house from our back window where she is, not that I am stocking them or anything, hahaha! So I guess, 10am tomorrow when I pick her up will be here soon enough...........tick, tick, tick...........

0 comments: