CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MY SENTIMENTAL CHILDREN......

I am raising the most sentimental children every.  This is kind of ironic because I am not very sentimental at all.  Night after night we deal with Raelynn misplacing something and going into complete crying hysterics until she finds it.  The item is always found so I find this to be most annoying.  Well tonight was no different.  We get home and everything is going along just fine and then out of the blue Raelynn remembers that she had this little tiny notebook that she carried in from the car and left on the dryer and forgot to go back and get.  She started crying immediately and wanted me to drop everything and find it just like always.  Partly because I found little importance in a tiny notebook and partly because I was just tired of dealing with her overreaction to misplaced items, I simply ignored her.  I asked her to get herself together and then she could talk to me about it.  When she finally calmed down and we were talking about it, I asked her why she got so upset.  She explains to me that this little notebook came from a Stationary Box that Aunt Karli bought for her at the Book Fair and that it was a special time with Aunt Karli and that is why it was so special.  And if that wasn't enough, she goes on to say, "Mom I get so upset because every time I loose something that I got from someone special I loose a little piece of my heart too!"  Remember she is only 6!  I am all about expressing your self but if she can come up with analogies like this when she is 6 can you imagine what she will come up with at 16????!!!  So I finished up with her and by the time I left her room she was smiling and all cuddled in bed.  I then went to Coop's room to snuggle and tell him goodnight.  I lie down beside him and he says in a sad voice, "Daddy wouldn't let me tell him I loved him."
"He wouldn't", I said, "Why not?"  Coop responds, " because he wanted me to just go to sleep."  I assured him that Daddy loved him too and just wanted to make sure he got a good nights sleep.  Coop puts his hand on my cheek and says, "You please tell Daddy I always love him."  How sweet is that!!!  He truly melts my heart.  I gave him a kiss and told him Daddy always loves him too and that so do I.  He squeezed my neck and said, "You always love me Mommy, you never forget."  Oh how I hope he remembers that forever.  After I told Terry we heard Coop getting up and it didn't take Terry long to go back in and make sure Coop knew he loved him too.  I think it is a good thing Terry and I aren't super soft hearted because with these two we would be a sappy mess always!

0 comments: