CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 27, 2012

TIME FOR AN UPDATE....

Where does one begin, 2 weeks since my last post and I probably have missed 100 funny things the kids have said or done.  I so wish I could find the time to post each night.  It doesn't seem like a day goes by that we don't laugh at a comment or sigh at an action that appears way too mature.  Yet all I can post is about the boring events themselves when I only post ever 2 weeks!  I get so frustrated with myself.

So backing up to last week, Raelynn had her music program which was cute as it always is.  Raelynn suffers from a little stage fright so these nights are slightly painful for her but we are very entertained.  Not only that she is adorably cute but also the though of our Orange Leaf treat afterwards makes anything bearable.

Wednesday night was a little more eventful for us.  Coop's soccer team was invited to Kansas City to play against a team there.  It was a huge deal to the kids and turned into a huge deal for the parents.  We get there and the other team was so much bigger and more aggressive than we were.  The boys did amazing.  There were so many differences in the game they were not used to doing yet they learned and played hard.  I was so proud of all of them.  Coop is such a scrapper and he played hard and had the time of his life.  After the game we learned the kids they were playing were 7 and 8 year olds while our kids were 5 and 6 (except Coop who is 4)   It was really something.  I never imagined kids this age could be so good and so aggressive.   Coop has a few weeks break and then the winter league begins.  Keep the soccer coming!!  Although today he did inform me he wanted to take Karate.  I asked him if he wanted to take Karate more than Soccer.  He said right now yes but when soccer start no.  I think he might have missed my point.

Last weekend was booked solid but I actually got a little time to my self and I spent it the best way possible, shopping!  Saturday Terry and I went to a wine tasting which was pretty fun while the kids hung out with Aunt Karli.  It is so much easier to leave them when I know they are having a blast.

This past week was really pretty lo key which was nice.  We really didn't have much excitement until Wednesday which was my birthday.  I once again turned 29 so it wasn't a milestone or anything :)  The kids both greeted me first thing in the morning with a Happy Birthday which makes the day perfect. Everyone acknowledge my birthday throughout the day so it was pretty nice.  Then Steph and Karli came over and we all went out to eat.  I love that they are close enough and choose to spend my birthday with me.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful birthday.  Terry got me what I had been wanting for quite some time.....pint car harts!!!  I know that is so funny but who would wear the standard color and they look so warm and cozy so I thought if they came in pink them maybe I would wear them.  Well Terry found them in pink and I was right, they are super cozy.  The kids think I will actually go outside with them this winter.  I guess we will wait and see.

Thursday I had a hair appointment and decided to change things up a bit.  I was shooting for a really dark deep red/brown but it turned out a very dark maroon almost black or as my kids stated, "Your hair is purple!)  My family is less than complimentary with my new color.  Raelynn called me a traitor because if my hair is purple I must be a K-State Fan.  Coop just continues to say I look like Aunt Steph and when Raelynn asked Terry if he liked my hair he replied, "it's not my favorite color."  So needless to say, the family are not pleased.  It is just so very different but I think it is growing on me.

Politics continue to be a big topic for discussion around here.  The night of the final debate Terry and I hadd to promise to record it so Raelynn could watch it later since she had to go to bed.  We have had numerous conversations about the election but I am always blown away but what she knows.  She told us how one of her classmates was born in Russia but is now a US Citizen and that he can vote but cannot run for president because he was not born in the US.  Then she tells of another class mate from Africa that can't even vote because he is not a US Citizen.  As if that was not enough, today she had me look up a comparison of the presidential candidates views.  I pulled up a simple chart that would state a topic and then if each president was for or against it.  We went through them all and broke down what they were saying or even what the topic was regarding.  Some of the topics were difficult for me to explain to her so we googled a few of those.  Anyway by the time we are done, I am convinced she knows more about it then I do.  We discussed a lot about what people were unhappy with President Obama about and what I thought Romney would do if he took office.  I explained it was hard to judge because the things they are saying in the debates are what the people want to hear but you really don't know until they have been in office for a while whether they really are going to do anything. After our conversation Raelynn says, "You know Mom the ballot is kind of like a test but you don't know how you scored on that test for a couple years. "  I thought her analogy was right on.   She is also insisting on going with me to the polls which I love and will definitely take her.  My only fear is that she will argue with me if I don't elect her choice which could be embarrassing because I am sure she would point out my error in judgement to the entire group of people there.

Cooper on picture day.  He insisted on wearing his tie!

Terry spends Tuesday at Raelynn's School as a Watch DOG
Well as you can see, things continue just as always.  No matter how boring that may sound, everyday is an adventure that is sure to have some mountains to climb but worth every difficulty step one might take.




0 comments: