CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 8, 2012

A QUIET WEEK.....

Another week has passed and new stories are here! I don't think you can ever run out of stories with the kids I have. 

Tuesday night Raelynn had a Brownie Meeting at her school at 6:30pm.  She is always wanting to ride her back to school and I could really use a run so we decided Raelynn and Coop would ride their bikes and I would job to her Brownie Meeting.  Then Terry would pick Coop up when he got done with golf.  Her meeting lasts until 8pm so the one thing I did not consider was how dark it would be on the way home.  Terry picked up Coop around 7 or so and when the meeting was over Raelynn and I headed out.  I walked outside and it was dark!  Raelynn immediately started to question our choice.  I assured her it would be fine, we had street lights and the dark doesn't really bother me.  As we went on our way and turned down a street on our route, there were few street lights and I looked up and saw the beautiful stars.  I told Raelynn to look up and she did.  However, she was riding her bike so looking up did not really go so well.  A few minutes later we passes a fenced backyard with an attach dog.  The dog hit the fence barking and Raelynn about had a heart attack.  We were laughing hysterically but with each step we went the scary it got.  I finally called Terry and asked him to come and get us which he did.  Raelynn and I couldn't stop laughing though,  Even though it may have not been the best idea to run and bike home in the dark, the memory will last forever!

The rest of the week was a little different than usual.  It turned cold, Coop got in trouble at soccer, Raelynn got in trouble at home, I lost my voice but by Friday these all turned into good things, except the turning cold.  So yes, it has been very chilly and I am not a big fan of that.  I guess the one good thing about the cold though is that Raelynn actually wore something other than one of the two pairs of shorts and flip flops she ALWAYS wears :).  Coop was getting a little rowdy in his school's soccer class.  He is getting very familiar with his coaches as he is on the Future Legends Team and he practices once a week and has games on Saturdays.  The same coaches have an introductory soccer program at his school and they always ask Coop if he wants to go which he always does.  However it is very basic and he apparently is getting a little bored.  Anyway, I was talking to his coach and it came up in conversation that he was running around a little during this beginner class.  He was laughing about it and said it was no big deal but a little distracting for some of the new kids.  I, of course, thought it was a big deal as I expect my kids to behave regardless if they are bored or not.  So Terry and I talked to Coop and explained how his behaviour was distracting to the others and if he could not participate as he should than he would not be allowed to go to soccer at his school.  He was very sad and said ok.  So Wednesday rolled around and I asked him how it went and if he was good.  His response, "Yea I was really good, when I was running around when they were talking and they told me to sit down, I did right away!"  He was so proud of himself never mind the fact that he shouldn't have been running around in the first place.  I complimented him on sitting when asked but reminded him he shouldn't be running around in the first place.  Raelynn piped in, "Baby steps Mom, Baby Steps."  Coop just giggled and I gave Raelynn "the look" to which she replied, "Just sayin'."  I did talk to the coach though and he said things went great so I guess our talk did help some.  After all that with Cooper, I was cleaning out Raelynn's homework folder to see what she had done that day.  I find a note to one of her Boys and Girls Club leaders, it read:

Dear Mr. Adam:
 I hate your stinkin' guts. You make me vomit. You are the scum between my toes. Love, Raelynn

Now, I was a little confused and shocked.  This is a direct quote from the Little Rascals Movie that my kids say in full accent often.  It is truly Hilarius yet when I read it written directly to Mr. Adam, who Raelynn speaks highly of, I had a bad feeling.  Raelynn was right there and she saw my face and tried to grab the letter.  She insisted, in tears, that it was a joke.  That she and Mr. Adam joked about this and said it to each other all the time.  She insisted I was overreacting but if I was, why was she crying and begging me not to talk to Mr. Adam about it.  Anyway, my feelings about it were very jumbled.  That night I emailed the director of Boys and Girls Club and let her know the situation and asked her if she could talk to Mr. Adam and see if he knew about the note and if they joke about it.  The next day I received an email confirming that they did joke about it all the time and that he was indeed sitting right there when she wrote it.  It was all in good fun just as she had said.  I was more relieved to know she hadn't lied to me than anything.  That night I let her know Mr. Adam confirmed her story and that I was sorry for not being confident that what she told me was true but asked her why she got so upset.  She finally looked at me and said, "We are not supposed to say hate and I thought you would be mad that I said hate when we joke about the movie. I thought when you found out I don't change the words to "I don't Like" you would be mad but it's just not as funny that way."  It is amazing the things that stick in their minds but I was relieved to know it was all in fun.

This weekend was full of events.  Friday, Terry and Coop, went the Schaake's Pumpkin Patch with the preschool and they picked the perfect pumpkin and even brought one back for me since I could 't go.  Coop picked Terry to go with him so my feelings were a little hurt :)


Coop and the Forrest Friends

The Perfect Pumpkin!


Trouble

Saturday, Raelynn and I, went to Arrowhead Stadium to participate in the JDFR Walk.  It was soooooo cold.  We made it though and had a lot of fun.  We left home at 6:45am though and were exhausted when we got back.  The rest of the day was filled with cleaning and errands.  Then we met up with a great friend at the KU Vball Match for her birthday.  Raelynn and Coop had made her cards that had to be delivered :)  It was a lot of fun. 
More Trouble

Sunday we had our final big fundraiser for the foundation.  It was a CCF Trail Ride.  It turned out to be a great day.  The kids loved it and it went very smoothly and was a huge success.  I hope we are able to continue it.  It is completely different than what we have ever done and was just a great family event!
Raelynn and Marty at the Trail Ride
The Band at the Trail Ride.  One member actually had open heart surgery at 18 months!


Now it is back to work and I actually have a little bit of my voice back, yea!!! 

0 comments: