CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2012

THE HANDPRINTS ARE GETTING HIGHER....

There was a time in my life when little kids finger and hand prints on my glass door would send me over the edge.  They still make me run and get the Windex bottle but tonight as I cleaned hand prints from the glass door, all I could think about was how the handprints are so much higher now.  I smiled as I knew the higher of the two I was wiping away were Raelynn's and the lower Cooper's but I also was a little sad because they are both getting so much bigger.  There are many things that are also exciting about them growing up but it just left me a little sad to know one day I wouldn't have to bend over at all to wipe off the hand prints........

So I got a little distracted last week and dropped the healthy lunch updates but continued to pack them.  I am actually getting really good at it and my grocery shopping is improving to with much better choices on foods to pack.  Each day the kids seemed to like their lunch a little better.  However, on Thursday Raelynn begged for one of our "old no so good for you lunches".  (Her words exactly) So I broke down and packed a cinnamon and sugar sandwich and yogurt.

The kids continue to bring much laughter to Terry and I.  On Tuesday night after I picked the kids up we were driving home.  A song came on the radio that I really liked.  I started singing.  Coop immediately says, "Oh Brother!"  Raelynn followed with, "Really Mom, that's just painful!"  I told them that they should be loving and encouraging of my singing just like I love and encourage them to do things.  Raelynn said, "Yea, well we love you but you singing, well that's just wrong!"  I had to agree with them so I just let it go from there.

Thursday was another proud parenting moment for me.  We arrived at school and as we set in the gym waiting for the kids to arrive Raelynn opens here homework folder and immediately is panic stricken because her homework was missing.  She immediately looks up and says, "Really Mom, it's homework not clutter!  You threw it away didn't you?"  Because there was the possibility I did, I said, "I may have."  Raelynn looks straight at me and says, "then you go tell Mrs. Mitchell you're a clean freak and that I did do my homework!"  Of course I did and I think she was quite amused about it.  We always look over the work in Raelynn's homework folder together every night but that night we had gotten home late and everyone was tired and I didn't get around to looking through it until late.  It seemed so cluttered so I cleaned out everything that looked complete.  I guess I forgot that I should also check to make sure it had been checked.  I told Raelynn this is how we learn by making mistakes.  I am sure she thinks I should probably know about everything by now considering the amount of mistakes I make!

Coop is such a sweet but ornery boy.  This because more apparant every day.  This past week Coop got in trouble andI don't even remember why now but I told him he lost his TV privilege for the night.  He looks at me not at all concerned and says, "Ok but please don't take my bedtime story."  I think he is too smart because he knows I would never take reading away from them.  His intuition an cuteness terrifies me!  Today he went to a birthday party.  I dropped him off and then ran some errands.  When I returned another parent couldn't wait to tell me what my sweet boy had said while I was gone.  I guess her son and Coop were playing and they started running around.  She stopped her son and told him not to run.  Coop looks at her son and says, "My Mom's not here so I can do whatever I want!"  After we got home from the party I questioned him about it.  He says with this adorable little ornery smile, "Yes I said that and I am guessing I shouldn't have?"  Now it is really hard to lecture a smarty pants like that without cracking up.  I managed to get the lecture out and am hopefully that he listened to at least some of it.

October is here in just one more day.  Fall is moving in all around us.  I will miss summer and all the fun adventures we had.  I have to learn to love winter so we can find some fun in it as well because spring is so far away.

0 comments: