CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 3, 2012

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE SHOULD ONLY HAVE A 4 DAY WORK WEEK....

Today was such an awesome day and exactly why in my perfect world we would only work 4 days a week and have 3 off!  I know, but it's healthy to dream right?  Today was one of those days that went by way to fast but we are all exhausted all the same.  I started the morning out at 7am helping with the Run to Free 5K.  They had a successful day raising money to help stop human trafficking.  After that I headed home to make breakfast for the kids.  Coop had Kaden spend the night so I had 3 hungry faces to feed.  When I got home they were all still asleep which was awesome that I was home when they woke.  I made muffins and smoothies the perfect breakfast.  Once Kaden left, I headed out for a run myself.  After that the kids and I went on a bike ride which included a little stop at a friends house for a dip in the pool.  We got home around 1:30pm for dinner and then a little TV and rest.  Unfortunately that didn't last long and Raelynn and Cooper were ready to bake.  We knocked out 2 birthday cakes and some cookies.  One birthday cake was for friends and the other was for us because we really wanted some birthday cake.


We finally got around to picking up the house and then Raelynn received a last minute invite to go to the lake for a swim and cookout.  After she left Coop and I headed out to help Terry stain the deck.


It all was fantastic just to be doing things with the kids without a long list of "have to's" or time commitments.  I really hated to see the day end.

Our whole weekend was filled with fun.  Saturday Karli came over and we did laundry and cleaned.  Then we headed to Topeka to see her new apartment and then met Terry's family out for dinner to celebrate his Dad's Birthday.  My Mom came up so after dinner we headed to Steph's house to visit.  We got home pretty late on Saturday and I let the kids sleep in on Sunday.  After church we went back to Topeka to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" which was a lot of fun.  I had not been to a movie for ages!  The rest of Sunday was spent preparing for Coop's sleep over with Kaden.  Once he arrived it was on the go fun until they finally crashed in a Tent/Fort in Raelynn's Room.  It is always great to have Kaden over and even better for me to see Kelly.  I miss them greatly and am so happy they make it back to visit.  We can't wait to visit them!

Last week was filled with meetings after work.  I had a meeting every night except Friday.  I can tell my kids are getting older because even though we had some late nights and not much Mommy time, they were great.  I catch myself looking at them often and just being amazed by how "old" they are getting.  It truly tugs at my heart.  I know I will miss them being small but it is also awesome when you can lay on a bed and have discussions about things like politics with your 7 year old.  Yep, that's right, on Thursday night while I was watching the RNC I hear Raelynn call for me.  When I went back to see why she was still awake, I was met with, "Mom, why does Mitt Romney not like President Obama?"  Our conversation continued until she was asking me if Mitt Romney became president if Obama Care would go away because she always wants Coop to be able to have health insurance.  And yes, she is only 7!  I am convinced we may have a politician on our hands.  She is so hit or miss though, some days she shows no interest and then sometimes she seems to know more about it than I do.  Anyway, I am more in love with the two of them each and every day!!!
Coop at his school's Park Day.  He went with Aunt Steph and one of the parent's is a police officer and had her car there!  Too fun, sorry I missed it :(
Coop ready to cheer on his buddy Dallas at his first game at FSHS!

The kids are out of school again tomorrow but it is back to work for Terry and I.  I vow to continue enjoying every minute of every day and remember that every day with my family is the best day ever!!!

1 comments:

Stefenie said...

Coop sure is growing up! So glad to check in with you and see that all is going well!