CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I MADE IT TO THE WEEKEND....

Week's like last week I am pretty sure God gives me so I know that our usual chaos is not so bad!  I thought I would never see Friday!  Fortunately Friday did come and so far my Saturday has been pretty productive.  Last week started with Coop's first day of Pre-K.  He was sooooo excited and sooooo cute!  Coop loves school and his friends and he has been very annoyed by the fact that Raelynn has been in school since last Wednesday but he couldn't go until Monday.  So Monday morning we started the routine we will keep until next summer which I love.  I am all about routine and I feel a lot less stress with things are structured.  The morning went fine and Terry and I were both able to be with him on his first day.  It is always a staggered schedule the first day and he only attended for 45 minutes but it was enough for us to know he is going to do great.







Besides school, Coop also gets to do Lunch Bunch which is just an extension to preschool.  He wanted to do this last year but we never did.  So this year we enrolled him for Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Wednesday was his first day and as you can see he was very proud of having a lunch box.  I wasn't able to be there but Terry knows how much this stuff means to me so he snaps some pics and let Coop call me when he picked him up.  Raelynn was also very excited about Coop taking his lunch and she packed the entire lunch the night before and enclosed a note just like I do for her.  She cut a heart out of paper and wrote to him on it.  It was too cute.  I have these pens that you can write with and the "ink" is edible.  I write messages on their sandwiches and stuff.  Well Raelynn did this for Coop but he didn't think he could eat it so he took the bread off where the writing was and just ate the rest.  This gave Raelynn and I a good laugh on Wednesday night.  I asked Coop if he liked Sissy's note and he looked right at me and said......"How do I know, I can't read!"  I told him his teacher's could read it to him and that Sis's had her teacher's read all of her notes until she learned to read.  Coop looked at me like I had lost my mind and said, "I DO NOT THINK THAT IS A GOOD IDEA! I will save them and you can read them to me when you pick me up."  I asked him why his teacher couldn't read them and he said, "They read a lot why we are there, I don't think they would want to read my notes too."  It was all pretty funny but I am still sending a note everyday and maybe he will decide he wants to have it read to him.  :)

This week Tom is on vacation which always makes work a little busier but on Monday my coworker gets a call around 1 pm and her house was on Fire.  It was crazy scary and of course she rushed home.  Luckily  she has a security system which notified the fire department so the fire was contained to her kitchen.  There was of course a mess throughout the house though.  No one was home and her animals were safe so all in all things were ok but she did not return to work until Thursday which made the rest of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday BUSY!  It was no problem her being off work after what had happened but we just have a lot to take care of for one person on top of that figuring out how to get Coop from preschool to Mary Beth's in the middle of the day because Terry was alone at his office much of the time too and when he wasn't he was in KC.  We got everything worked out of course until Wednesday about 3pm I get a text and Raelynn is sick.  I knew this was going to happen because Wednesday morning she felt awful.  She has HORRIBLE allergies and they just came on so suddenly we weren't prepared.  I called the teacher that text me and she said she was just miserable but could stay there until I could get there considering she wasn't contagious.  Terry of course was alone at his office too.  I just laughed because this is just how things go. We managed to get her picked up and she finished her day watching movies on my iPad why I worked.  As soon as I got off work I got her some allergy medicine and headed home.  She slept from 6:30 all the way to the next morning.  The medicine had kicked in and although she still sounds nasally she was soooo much better.  Anyway, the rest of the week was just as crazy and I was thrilled to see Friday arrive.  I am even down to just one stack on my desk at work!  Earlier in the week the kids and I were comparing notes after work one day about our days.  I was telling the kids how crazy my day was and Raelynn said, "It's ok Mom at least your day started and ended with me and Cooper, everything else is just life."  It was so grown up and I was so amazed at her intellect.  She ends her little pep talk with, "and besides you wore super cute shoes today!"  It was so cute and so funny and so Raelynn!  I love that girl.

Coop also started his Future Legends Soccer League this week.  He loves soccer and is so excited to be practicing and playing games twice a week now!  I love it as well.  Unfortunately today his games got rained out but I guess we needed the rain too.  We are headed to a rodeo tonight and that should be interesting.  Next week is full of meetings but hopefully will be a little less stressful than the past week. Whatever may happen though, Raelynn is right, everyday starts and ends with them and it can't get better than that!

0 comments: