CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 4, 2012

WE MADE IT!!!

We actually survived the week without the kids!  Terry and I worked most of the week away but surprisingly it went fairly quickly.  Monday night I went to Kill Creek and did an open swim and then rode my bike 12 miles with some friends.  I am considering doing a Triathlon Sprint so I am getting a feel for it.  It was a lot of fun but my legs were pooped.  Tuesday night I treated myself to a pedicure while Terry golfed and Wednesday night we went out to eat.  Thursday night I got my hair cut and colored and before I knew it, it was Friday and time to pick up the kids!!!!  Mom and the kids came up to Steph's, who now just lives 30 minutes from us, yea! After work Terry and I headed that way to pick them up.  It was sooooo great to see them.  I missed them so much but I think they had a great time.  They got to go swimming, played with baby kittens and even went to a rock monument place.  They also had a craft day that appeared to get a little out of hand :)  I love that they had so much fun, it makes being without them all worth it.

Chandler and Raelynn on craft day!




Granny, Chandler, Raelynn and Coop

Coop LOVED this!

The Goddess!
Mom had told me yesterday morning that Coop had a blister on his finger and they did not know what had happened.  When we got to Steph's last night we were busy giving hugs and kisses and talking and didn't give much thought to his finger which had a band aid on it.  As we were eating dinner Granny asked Coop if his finger was hurting because he was holding it cautiously.  He said it was and I decided  I would take a look at it.  As I went to remove the band aid Coop started to cry.  Steph ended up cutting the band aid off and this is what we saw.....
I could not believe it.  The base of his finger was all red and swollen.  Terry and I decided to take him to the ER and good thing we did.  His finger was filled with infection.  They have no idea what it is but put him on an antibiotic.  They didn't want to drain it because they said it would horribly painful and the antibiotic should take it down.  We are just watching it and then will follow up with Dr. Kelley next week.  Only Cooper! :)

This morning I did he Red Dog Run for Boys and Girls Club and Raelynn is at her horse show.  Coop will have soccer soon and then over to Topeka we go.  Another fun filled weekend.  I am on vacation next week though and have the whole week with the kiddos!!!!  I am super excited!!!!

0 comments: