CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

RAELYNN'S FIRST DAY OF 2ND GRADE....

The first day of 2nd Grade was a great success.  When I asked Raelynn how her first day was her response was, "AWESOOOOME!"  I love to hear that!  She has a wonderful teacher again this year, Mrs. Mitchell.



Monday night we went to her school's Ice Cream Social where the kids get to meet their new teachers and find out who is in their class.  It was crazy as we have only been there 2 years but it was like a family reunion.  It was so fun seeing everyone and just talking.  I cannot believe how much her school has became part of our lives.  It is fantastic.  Raelynn loves her class and each class got a new smart board.  This thing is amazing!  It is like a giant computer screen that the kids can use and is interactive.  Anyway, it is an amazing addition to each of the classrooms and a big hit with Raelynn. 

Today was my first morning back reading to the kids before school starts.  I volunteered to do this last year and it has been very rewarding.  I read from 7:30am to 8am to K-3rd Grade.  It was a little hectic this morning because of all the new Kindergarten students but we managed and I saw a lot of familiar faces which again was great.  I really enjoy doing this!

 With all of the school excitement, Coop is very frustrated every  morning he wakes up because he does not start school until Monday and cannot understand why he doesn't get to go to school.  It is really quite cute but I do feel bad for him.  This morning he was hard to get out of bed but once he did wake up enough to get dressed he asked if today was his first day of school.  I told him no not until Monday.  He stuck out his lip and said he wanted to go with Sissy.  I laughed and promised him he would get plenty of school time and not to rush it.  He is just soooo excited and LOVES school.  We are so lucky to have 2 kids who love school :)

0 comments: