CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2012

VACATION ENDING WITH A BANG.....

Well my vacation is officially over and although it went entirely too quickly it will be nice to get back to a little routine and structure around here.  I have found myself getting a little lazy.  We have ended the vacation with a bang however.  Raelynn had her friend birthday party today.  Yes it is a month late but she was set on having it at the Three Sister's Inn and they were booked until today so she chose to wait.  The Three Sister's Inn is a Bed and Breakfast that hosts tea parties for Birthday Parties.  In addition, they have an attic room that has this little walk in closet or rather room that is full of dress up clothes, shoes, make up, jewelry and any other thing a 7 year old could want.  Raelynn and 5 of her friends traveled to The Three Sister's Inn and then back to our house for a sleep over.








Things went relatively well and the vacuum has been run and the floors swept and the girls are at least in Raelynn's room and the lights are out.  There is no sign however that they will be asleep anytime soon.  Coop got away from the chaos with a sleep over with Aunt Steph and Uncle Cody's.  As Terry said, Coop got the best end of the deal :)
Friday we had a family fun day!  We all headed to Schlitterbahn and had a great time.  Out of all the blistering hot days we have had this summer, we chose to go on a relatively cool day.  Coop and I spent half the day freezing but it was still a good time.  It was just fun spending the day together as a family!





This past week has been great just being with the kids.  I have amazing kids and I am always amazed at the conversations we have.  One day this past week, out of the blue, Raelynn says, "Mom sometimes when you take Coop to the hospital I am scared....well you know....."  "You are scared of what?" I asked her.  "I am scared he won't come back" she replied.  "I know, so are Daddy and and I but God has a plan and if he decides he needs Cooper with him more than here on Earth with us, we have to have faith that it is for the best."  I explained.  Coop looks up from his lunch and says in his ornery funny voice, "Hey don't I have a say in this!" We all laugh and Raelynn said, "see I would miss that funny boy!"  This is pretty much how the whole week was.  Serious but filled with laughter.  Both Raelynn and Cooper are constant thinkers and they are so inquisitive. I appreciate their interest and they keep me on my toes.  Tonight when Coop called to tell me good night I almost started to cry because he is just so sweet and I LOVE his hugs at night.  There is something about age 4, they know enough to keep you thinking but they are still just so sweet and loving.  I wish I could capture this age forever!  I have to admit though I also like Raelynn at age 7.  We laugh like friends sometimes and I am always taken back by her maturity at times.  Regardless what age, these 2 are the best kids, friends, family anyone could ask for!

Next week all the fun school stuff starts.  Tomorrow morning it is OJ and Muffins by 7:30am for the teachers, ice cream social tomorrow night to meet your child's teacher.  Raelynn starts school on Wednesday and then parent's night at Coop's preschool on Thursday night.  All of that in time for Saturday where we have a horse show, 3 birthday parties and a graduation party.  Awe......you have to love this time of year!!!!


0 comments: