CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DAY 2 OF HEALTHIER LUNCHES.....

Today, surprisingly, was a better success than I expected.  Today I only made lunch for Raelynn.  The menu called for sticky rice balls with peas, pineapple chunks and raisins.  Well my rice was not sticky enough to make balls so after an hour of trying to figure out how to make it sticky, I just decided to send rice with peas that were lightly salted and peppered.  When I picked her up tonight and asked the dreaded question, "how did you like your lunch today?" I was pleasantly surprised with her response, "It was awesome!"

 Now I know when to leave well enough alone but Oh No I couldn't stop,

"You liked the rice?"

"Yea it was goooood."

"I am so glad you liked it, see eating healthier lunches can be good."

This is when things start to take a turn......

"Yea, but just because Parent's Magazine tells you to give us raisins doesn't mean you should when you know your daughter doesn't like them. The magazine doesn't know that but you do!  Compromise a little Mom, Compromise!"

All I could reply was, "Well I'm glad you liked the rice."

Maybe Day 3?

0 comments: