CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2012

DAY 1 OF HEALTHIER LUNCHES.....

So disgusted by the lunches I was packing the kids everyday, I decided to do some research and find healthier lunches to pack.  I have asked my kids to approach this with and open mind and try everything.  They are somewhat on board.  This weekend I planned the weeks lunches just as I do our dinners and then went to the store to make sure we were ready.  I got my lunch menu from Parents Magazine so it was designed to be appealing to kids.  Today I was actually a little nervous because I was pretty sure they were not going to like what was packed.  Today's menu was half a PB and banana sandwich on wheat bread, yogurt and cherry tomatoes.  When I picked Coop up I asked him right away how his lunch was.  He said good at first but my question must have not fully sank in because before I could go on satisfied that my first day was a success he said, "Oh I DO NOT like those little tomatoes!"   The dramatic way he said it just left me laughing.  Then when I picked Raelynn up I asked her too how she liked her lunch.  Her response, "Just FYI Mom, I do not like bananas!  I don't know how you missed this!"  So after Day 1 I have one that refuses cherry tomatoes and one that refuses anything with bananas.  I am feeling pretty confident that tomorrow will be even worse but at least I only have the Princess to please tomorrow as the Prince only has lunch at school on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays!

2 comments:

Amber Temple said...

Raelynn is clearly a girl who knows what she wants! ;)

Michelle Flagg said...

You and your kids CRACK ME UP! It's also a little scary that we both plan our weekly dinner menus and then shop for just those items...I'd love to know what you were sending them for lunches before the new menu. I think lunches are so hard!