CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2014

Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend!

What a great weekend! We started Saturday off with the CCF Horse Poker Run. It was scheduled last October but had to be postponed due to the government close which in turn closed the park and trails the ride was to be held in. Saturday was beautiful. It was a little windy but given what it could have been like I will take wind and 85 degrees. The event went perfectly and raised over $800! We were very pleased. Always the best part was that everyone had a great time!  Bonnie organized this event and did a great job. We are so thankful for her involvement in the foundation. 


After that we headed home and Steph and Hadley came over to visit why Cody was at work. We grilled and just hung out. I love it when they drop by for a visit!

Sunday morning I woke up to Raelynn making noise in the kitchen and Terru supervising. When I was finally allowed out of bed and in the kitchen I had breakfast waiting and a few surprises. At the Poker Run there was also a silent auction which had this great wine basket. I didn't win the bid on it but apparently Terry did! So there waiting for me was my wine basket and cooler along with Gift Certificated and cards made by Raelynn. The best part is that Terru was not consulted on the GC and there was one for $15 to the Cheesecake Factory and $50 to White House Black Market. When I found out Terry didn't know about that financial commitment I couldn't quit laufhig! I love that girl. The other was a GC stating they would do whatever I wanted all day! Woot woot! I went easy on them though. So we then went back to bed and watched movies all morning. It was awesome! I felt a little guilty not getting up to go to church but loved snuggling all morning. After lunch Raelynn and I headed to Leawoos to get her iPod fixed. Of course while we were there we had to do a little shopping. Raelynn is the best shopper ever so it was a great time. Then it was back home to spend the rest of the evening lounging again! So you can see why it was a day I wish never ended.

 I love being a Mom, it's my favorite thing in the world. I love recognizing all the great things my Mom has done for me and my family, I love knowing my sister now gets to feel the unbelievable love of being a Mom. It's all perfect!

On Friday the kids had Field Day. Their PE teacher does an amazing job of setting up various stations for the kids to have fun!  I was not able to be there but had some great friends that kept me posted on the fun by sending pics throughout the day!

I did get to sneak away for lunch though and had a very special date!

0 comments: