CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2014

U N B E L I E V A B L E

Every day I am thankful for the blessings in my life and there are many.  I am so fortunate to love and be loved and to be happy and to bring happiness.  I honestly can say I have close to the perfect life.  However, even knowing that every day, there are still some days that top all.  Watching my kids grow and learn and shine with pride and happiness has to be the best.  Last week was the start of the Douglas County Fair activities and Raelynn was all in this year.  This girl was born to be a farm girl and she lives and breathes for events like this.  Last week she had Buymanship which included putting together outfits and activities and then answering questions about the outfits and how to care for them.  I so wished I could be there for her but I misunderstood the schedule and had not taken the day off work.  Luckily her wonderful Aunt Bonnie was able to take her.  She had so much fun and did such a wonderful job.  She demonstrated great eye contact with the judges and spoke so well during consultation.  She earned herself 2 purples and a blue and received 2 call backs, all of which was fantastic.  My heart was so full with pride. 





Then Tuesday was the Fashion Show where she modeled one outfit of her choice in the fashion show in front of the public, another huge confidence builder.  Again, she made me so proud.  

MacKenna and Raelynn


While we were working on fair Raelynn and Cooper were also scrambling to VBS each night.  The week was long and exhausting but so much fun.  We also squeezed in riding lessons on Wednesday and then there was Friday which was the 7th Annual CCF Golf Tournament!  It was another fantastic year and even though it was insanely hot, we still had a great time.  Aunt Steph came over to help the kids raise over $100 selling lemonade and Rainbow Loom Bracelets.  I love my sister, she is no typical first time parent.  It was 100+ degrees and she did not even flinch to set out under a tent with her sweet Haddie at just 3 months old.  She has no idea how much her relaxed efforts will benefit her daughter in the long run.  I love watching her be a parent and am so proud and the job she and Cody are doing already.  Love them with all my heart and am super thankful for her help!



 So after a long Friday in the heat, Raelynn and I were back at it bright and early Saturday morning at another horse show.  Raelynn was trying out a new horse Saturday so the day came with some excitement.  She did good job and loved the new pony.  Her only reservation in completely falling in love with Patches was her fear that she would have to give up her current Pony, Moon.  It would be her first real loss and I am telling you it will be a very difficult goodbye!



Introducing Patches
We got home Saturday night and were exhausted and so dirty.  We showered and then could do not much more than snuggle in bed.  However, I did manage to try my first braid on Raelynn. It was not perfect but I may actually be able to do it sometime in the near future.  Raelynn said she was proud of my patience but the end product could still use so help!  Gotta love a smarty pants!
 Sunday was a regrouping day and a day to complete Raelynn's final fair projects.  Tonight we submitted all her projects and she had consultation in photography where she picked up another purple. Coop helped her with her bunny for a bit before he found himself bored out of his mind.  This boy was not cut out for this stuff!
 Tonight when we got home a special surprise waiting for Raelynn.  It was her annual scrapbook.  She immediately went to the couch and began looking at it page by page.  It is because of this that I continue to do them.  I love making them feel special.
So we still have much fun to be had.  Tomorrow Coop spends the day with Terry while Raelynn spends the day at fair.  Wednesday Coop has a cardiac appointment and Raelynn will again be at the fair.  Thursday is bunny judging day so I will be at the fair with Raelynn and then Friday we leave for a weekend at the Ozarks………I CANNOT WAIT!  Then the kids leave for Mom's on Monday, that I can wait for.  I miss them already!

0 comments: