CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

GO ROYALS!!

Regardless how this game ends, it has been fun!  Everyone knows I love every sport (except Football) but when it gets to this level it is so fun!  You should hear Coop talk about the Royals and his play by play of some of the plays.  He is all about it.  Raelynn even knows some of the players names and asks each morning if they won or not.  It is all so fun.

Last weekend Mom and Chandler came down to help me celebrate my birthday.  It was awesome.  Coop had a double header in soccer on Saturday and then family pictures after that so we felt like wee were on the run most of the time but it was so fun.  Mom and I even got a few hours in for a shopping spree which is my favorite thing ever :) !

Fall sports have begin for the kids so now we have Basketball practice for Coop on Wednesdays, riding lessons on Thursdays and Basketball practice for Raelynn on Fridays.  Then they both play games on Saturdays.  It will be a little tricky these first few games as they either have back to back games or games at the same time and play are the complete opposite sides of town.  This is why Terry  refused to have another child because he said we could never be out numbered. He was so right!

The kids make me laugh every day.  Tonight as Coop was saying his prayers he ended with "The End" instead of "Amen".  He has done this a couple times so we just giggled and he said, "I forget what to say at the end.  Really does God really care as long as he knows I'm done?"  I told him he probably didn't.  Raelynn, too, has her moments.  The other night we were all outside playing catch and Raelynn decided to ride her bike.  She thought it would be fun to act like she was going to hit her brother while he was trying to catch the ball.  She was headed straight at him, she was laughing and he was pleading for her to stop.  She hit a hole or something and flew right over her handlebars.  As she landed I expected a scream and teams but ins teach she just laid there and said, "Darn Karma!" I burst out laughing and so did she and Coop.  That girl never misses a beat.

Things have been going great since Coop's surgery.  There have been no more complaints of chest pain or really anything.......until today.  I received a call about 1pm today from the school.  Coop had asked that the nurse call me which made both she and I take notice because he never tells her to call me.  He was dizzy, flush and his heart rate was down to 50 consistently.  I went and got him and we hung out until about 2:30p.m.  His dizziness continued and he would get so pale and splotchy.  His heart rate stayed consistently at 45.  Then at about 2:30 he looked at me and said it was gone and he felt better.  Within minutes he went and got his soccer ball and started kicking it around.  So just like that he was all better.  His doctor has ordered a standing EKG so if it happens again we are to go straight for an EKG and I will call cardiology in the morning to let them know.  After talking with Coop we discovered he has had dizzy spells periodically since surgery but they always go away pretty quickly.  He told his teacher this time because it wasn't going away.  I am often amazed by his poise in dealing with his various symptoms.  I appreciate his strength but also wonder how often his dizziness happens.  Anyway, we will continue to monitor him and let him lead the way in our next steps.  Everyday it is something new which makes this parenting gig one of the best jobs I have ever had.  So even though I had Coop who once again is having cardiac issues I also had a little girl who had a rough day with friends so the cardiac issues had to be set aside because we all know the day to day drama can be just as scary to maneuver.  I love them both and everything that comes with them more than they will ever understand!


0 comments: