CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 29, 2015

MY HEART IS FULL......

Cooper turned 8 today.  We had a wonderful day.  It involved family, ice skating and presents, the perfect birthday for my 8 year old.  As I tucked him into bed I almost starting crying.  He was so excited about his gifts and could not stop chatting about them and although I wanted to listen to him all I could think about was where we were 8 years ago and how incredibly hard it was.  This happens to me at each of his birthdays but I just think about our journey over the last 8 years.  There has been so many tears shed but even more happiness and laughter.  Cooper has changed our lives in a way I can never describe but in every way it has improved us each individually and as a family.  I want nothing more than that sweet boy to be happy and happy he is.  It was a wonderful day!  I am also so thankful for such a great family who does everything they can to be a part of my kids' lives.  I love that about our family.  Even if they can't make it, they call and let the kids know they are thinking of them, for all of them, I am so thankful.
















Thanksgiving was awesome as well.  As usual we went to Bonnie's for Thanksgiving and ate way too much food.  What was different this year was that Raelynn was by my side cooking and it made Thanksgiving even better than it usually is.  She made 3 pies all herself and helped me whip up 10lbs of mashed potatoes, rolls and stuffing.  I cannot tell you how amazing it was to be with her cooking and laughing and complaining a little too, I mean pealing 10lbs of potatoes is not that much fun.  Thanksgiving morning we were running late and as I jumped in the shower and was rushing around, Raelynn runs in and says, "Ok Mom everything's loaded in the car so when you're ready we should be good to go...."  Where did I get these amazing kids!?  I smiled and thanked them and before long we were off.  It made for a super Thanksgiving.  There is much to be thankful for.  When I asked the kids to name one thing they were thankful for Raelynn answered her horse and Coop answered his friends.  They both spoke to my kids' loves and it made me smile.  What am I thankful for?  My family.  I am blessed beyond belief.  I am happy.  I am content.  I am in love.  I am loved.  There is little more anyone could want.



So after this long weekend and so much fun it is time to get back to work.  Working out, cooking dinner, going to work, shopping for the holidays and a thousand things in between.  It's my life and it's perfect!

0 comments: