CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

LOVE THE MONTH OF DECEMBER, SAD IT IS ALL COMING TO AN END....

December has to be one of the best months of the year.  I love the excitement and the family time.  It is always so crazy but also so much fun.  The kids head back to school tomorrow which is sad.  It means we have to get back to a routine, bedtimes, early mornings, etc.  I am never ready for it.  I love coming home over my lunch hour to my giggly kids and seeing what they have dreamed up while I was gone.  I love letting them stay up later to snuggle why we watch TV or go to an AMAZING late night KU game!  I guess I just wish I had more time with them, fun time, not time when I am telling them to get in the shower, brush your teeth, pack your lunch, blahblahblah.  Anyway, needless to say, I am not excited to see them go back but it is part of life and another sign of them growing up.......tear, tear.

So back to the fun stuff!  Last night's KU game against OU was AWESOME!  3 Overtimes!  Are you kidding me!?  The kids had a blast, I mean who wouldn't.  It was super fun and I loved being there as a family.  It was well worth the late night.  Santa brought us the tickets this year and we are so grateful!  The kids lucked out that they still had one more day off so they slept the morning away while Terry and I dragged ourselves out of bed.  My 4am alarm came way too early, but again well worth it.

So I have a little sad news, sad to me anyway.  I have been thinking about this for some time and finally decided it was time.  This will be my last blog post, it is coming to an end.  It has been so much fun to do over the past 8 years but things are changing and it isn't as fun for me any more and has become a chore.  The problem is the kids are growing up.  They now read the blog and therefore some of my funniest stories and thoughts I can no longer post.  It has taken the fun out of it for me.  I love sharing some of the amazing things the kids do and say from my point of view but it's often not what I want to share with them at this age.  I print this blog into a book at the end of every year and I always knew the kids would read it some day when they were grown up and would love it.  But for them to read it now it just limits what I can post.  It's also out of respect to them.  They are getting old enough that they don't want me to share some of our stories.  They are awesome stories to us as adults but to them they can be embarrassing or humiliating at times.  I would never ask them to stop reading the blog because that just seems wrong, I mean it is their life story I write about.  Anyway, bottom line it is time to bring this blog to an end.  Some day I might take it up again with a different focus but for now I will have find another way to document our crazy lives as our amazing kids grow up.

Thank you to everyone that has offered us support, laughter, advice, encouragement and love through this blog over the past 8 years.  We appreciate each and every comment along them.  Thank you!  As many of my posts ended.......I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

no it cant end!!!!! Raelynn and Coopers stories are too funny! I read this for stories I haven't herd!~ Raelynn's best friend:)