CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!~COOP UPDATE~SHERRI IS A CHANGIN'

Today is Mom's Birthday. I sure hope she had a great day. She deserves a relaxing day :)

My kids were with Sherri today because Lisa was out of town. Unfortunately her dog, Buster, is very sick so she had the treat of loading my 2 kids up and heading to the vet. They are keeping Buster over night and time will tell how he is. He is rather old, 13 years I think. I will keep you posted.... Of course this is not why I bring up that the kids were at Sherri's. It is rather to tell you that our Sherri, Mother to us all, is changing her ways. You see, in the past when I would pick up my kids, Sherri would have dinner made for us all and want to keep us there visiting as long as possible. She was always trying to "take care" of us. Well tonight, I arrived and she could not get my kids and myself back out the door fast enough. No it wasn't because she was tired of the kids or didn't want to visit with me......she was going dancing and had to get us on our way so she could get all "dolled" up!!! I LOVE IT!!! Any of you who really know my sister have to see the humor in this. I have always been the busy social one and now the tables have turned. I look forward to her and her kids coming to visit and made them dinner last time they were over. It is all really quite funny!!! Anyway, I love to see her getting out and she seems so happy. However, I am just a tiny bit jealous that I am the one home with the kids fixing dinner on a Friday night but it only lasts a second and is over as soon as I hear Raelynn say "Mommy I missed you today!"

Coop is up to a big 10lbs 10oz and 23" long. The cardiologist said Cooper looks great and his SAT level was higher than it ever had been. However, they had us set our next appointment in 4 short weeks and at that time will probably schedule his Cardiac Catheter. This is a surgery that allows them to enter into his small body through an artery and take pictures of the blood flow through his heart. This will give them an accurate look at how his heart really is holding up. They are hoping that we still have some time before his next major surgery because he is still too small. The doctors all agree that Cooper is gaining weight very well considering his situation but unfortunately do not feel we have genetics on our side. Cooper just has a small structure to start will so "beefing" him up is slightly challenging without even considering his cardiac issues. We also met with our pediatrician this week and received fabulous news. After 4 months and 13 days we actually can go without waking him every 2 to 3 hours at night to eat. We can let him sleep up to 5 HOURS! 5 hours.....that is more sleep than I have gotten in one single night for months. I cannot tell you how happy we were to get this news. Of course last night Cooper woke up every 3 hours anyway but I am hopeful he will soon realize he can sleep longer.

This past weekend I made Coop giggle really very hard! It was soooooooooo cute. As Sherri said, it is funny to watch his 5 month old mannerisms and alertness in his small 1 month sized body!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey its me again...i still cant wait till i see you! Im soo glad cooper finally giggled for you,and the you get to sleep thoughout the night(but what am i going to do when i get there,it wont be the same....):). Well ill see you soon and im very exctied! Love Aunt Karli

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.