CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

TERRY'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND.....

Yesterday was Terry's birthday, for his sake I won't announce what birthday :)! Raelynn had it all planned out. She wanted to get up early, make him cinnamon rolls and serve them with OJ in bed. So I got up early and ran and when I returned I woke Raelynn. It was all very cute and even though we decided to make Dad come to the kitchen for breakfast, it turned out well.

Terry had to work but when he did get home he and Raelynn spent a little time doing what Daddy likes most.

We finished the day making his birthday cake and then took him out to eat at his favorite restaurant....Henry T's. I think he enjoyed the day and Raelynn definitely enjoyed trying to make it special for him. Terry....we love you and hope you enjoyed your day. You make every day special to us so hopefully we made this one special for you!

Besides birthday celebrating, we had a wonderful weekend. The weather was amazing. Saturday the kids and I headed to the park for a picnic lunch and play. Today, Terry and the kids played outside while I cleaned which was nice to get things done. I can only dream that this weather will stay. However, Cooper was allowed to skip his nap and well, I think he is not yet ready for a day without a nap because this was the scene about 4pm.

Raelynn was hysterical as usual. Her vocabulary is growing in ways I did not know possible. I was explaining something to her and when I finished she says, "So let me get this straight...." and then she carried on to reiterate things so me. She also is big into "discoveries". Everything she goes to find and explorer becomes an extravagant discovery. Cooper likes their discovery missions as well. We were in a conversation the other night and she was talking about friends and I asked her if I was her friend. She said, "no silly you are my mommy!" I asked her if I couldn't be her mommy and her friend and she said, "No, you should just stick with being my Mommy, that keeps you busy enough!" Oh how right she is. Seriously, every day she grows older and older and not just in years. On the other side of things, today after church I went to the kitchen to get a 9 X 13 pan I had taken to a funeral a few months ago. I kept forgetting to get it. Raelynn and I went to the kitchen to find the pan. As I opened cupboard after cupboard I was not having any luck. Raelynn began to get very upset. She was insisting I ask someone for help and as I neared the end of the available cupboards she was sobbing and begging me to go ask someone for help. I stopped and picked her up and asked her what was going on. She said that we have to find the pan or we will never be able to make a cake together again because we use a 9 X 13 pan when we bake our cakes! It was so touching that our baking together meant so much to her but also so sad that she was getting so upset. I assured her we could always get another pan and she answered with a huge hug. My eyes swelled with tears. She is so sweet!

I know I keep talking about how much Cooper is talking but he really is. Today over lunch Raelynn and Cooper argued about who was Boo. (Boo is Cooper's nickname). Raelynn would say "I'm Boo" and Cooper would say "No! Me Boo!" Then they would both giggle. He is also big into telling everyone "No No!" Gee, I wonder where he gets that one. He is just so incredibly cute I can hardly stand it. Raelynn has chores she is responsible for and she has Cooper help her with them. He is so proud when she includes him and she is sooooo good at teaching him things. She reads to him and plays school and has him help her make her bed, and he is happy to do it all.

So another wonderful weekend with the family! The week ahead looks pretty quiet so I am sure it will be crazy and I am looking forward to it because I know it will end with another wonderful weekend with the family!!!!

0 comments: