CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 2, 2009

HALLOWEEN FUN.....

Friday started our Halloween fun. Raelynn had a little Halloween party at school that started with a singing program for the parents. Terry drops Raelynn off so he had planned to stay for the 15 to 30 minute program. Raelynn asked me early in the week if I would be there and I had told her I wouldn't but Daddy would. This was followed with the guilt trip, "all the other Mommies are going to be there". I felt horrible but after taking 2 1/2 days off the week before due to sick kids I was very hesitant to ask to come in late. I was fine with my decision until I received and email that Raelynn didn't want to sing the songs at school because her Mommy wasn't going to be there to hear her anyway. With tears in my eyes I quickly walked back to Tom's office and asked to come in late Friday so I could hear Raelynn sing. Of course, as always, Tom was great about it and with a smile told me he was leaving early to see his grand kids for Halloween which did make me feel better. I am so lucky to have a boss that cares about me and my family. The program was cute and Raelynn had a great time.

Saturday night we headed out with Bat girl and Batman and again had a great time. Coop wasn't sure about it all but eventually warmed up to the idea. We were amazed that he left his mask on without any problem. Raelynn was great with him and always made sure he got plenty of candy. When we got home we picked out a few pieces of candy and then sat the rest out for the witch fairy. Sunday morning Raelynn woke up bright and early. She didn't even talk to any of us before she marched right outside with Cooper tagging along to see if the witch fairy came which of course she did. It was awesome, they were both very excited and pleased with what she left behind.




Sunday we had Coop's 2 year old pictures and our family pictures taken. I think we are going to end up with some amazing photos. Amber, the photographer, was really good and took over 700 pictures. Thank goodness we won't have to weed through all 700 but even if there are 50 it will be hard to choose. Coop was unbelievable. She would put him in a pose and he would just stand there, no moving at all. He never got fussy or anything. It was hard to get him to smile, but he definitely didn't mind posing.




Cooper continues to say more and more words. He is starting to communicate with us constantly and really telling us what he wants or needs. He gets cuter every day. Raelynn has been great as well. She is so helpful and does so much around the house. She always includes Coop too which is great. She does need her alone time and she makes that clear to Cooper but they are great together. When I put Raelynn to bed last night she says to me, "just 5 more days". I asked her 5 more days until what. "5 more days until it is spending the whole day together again". My heart melted.

Tonight I learned that a local family we had been following whose daughter was born with heart defects, lost their little girl. As I read the Mom's email, tears came to my eyes. I cannot imagine the grief they feel. Everyday I cherish every little thing the kids do, the good and the bad. After our last surgery with Cooper I promised myself I would always stop long enough to really take time to enjoy the kids. I do this or at least I really try. I take time to learn and grow with them, but when I get a reminder like this of just how precious their lives are I instantly know I need to try harder. They are the most important thing in this world and I will cherish every second I have with them.

2 comments:

Amber Temple said...

I had fun shooting him! He was awesome! I hope you guys were happy so far with the little sneak peek!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.