CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 26, 2009

PERFECT BIRTHDAY WEEKEND.....

Just last Wednesday I made a post about whether my kids were really so sick, by that night Coop had taken a turn for the worse. Raelynn continued to do great but Coop could not fight the fever. I stayed home with him Thursday and Friday took him to work with me for awhile. He was finally feeling better just in time for my family to come into town. I kept the kids on their bedtime schedule all weekend in hopes that they would not get sick again. I thought I had succeeded when I got a call from the school this morning that Raelynn was complaining of a headache. I went and picked her up and when I picked her up she didn't look really very well. I took her back to the office with me for just a while but after just a few minutes she was bouncing off the walls and not acting a bit sick. She sat and ate a full lunch and was chattering away. I asked her if she really didn't feel good. She said she really did have a headache but she was feeling better, but she thought she could just stay with me at my office like Cooper had done on Friday. It all became very clear that little Raelynn just wanted a little extra time with Mom. I do think her head hurt but I don't think it was quite as severe as she may have let on. We talked awhile and she finished her day at Mary Beth's. My birthday was great. My Mom, Sherri and I went on a shopping spree on Friday night. My mom and my little sisters have done this for years for their birthdays but we had never been able too. So we headed out and first I got some much needed running shoes. Then we headed to Maurices were I tried on the entire store and got half of it :) It was awesome! I had never been able to by multiple outfits at once and it was a blast! Thank you Mom and Sherri! Then we headed to El Mez Cal for dinner. It was a great night. Then Saturday we did more birthday stuff and Terry and the kids added to my shopping spree with some more money to shop with. Can you tell I had been begging for clothes? Then we headed to the pumpkin patch yet again. As we got off the hay ride I heard someone say, "Mrs. Keefer". I looked up to a familiar face but could not quite place her. She looked at me and said, "that can't be Cooper?". She then said, "I am Beth from the PICU". Sure enough, this was one of Coop's nurses from the PICU at Children's Mercy. It was good to see her and so touching that she recognized us. She was shocked at how big Cooper was. This was a great part of the day. Other highlights were getting the homemade cookies and hot apple cider from Schaake's. They have the best cookies ever. The whole weekend was so much fun. It is hard not to have a perfect birthday when everyone you love is there and you get to shop, what more could one ask for! Sunday, I caught Cooper reading a story to Raelynn as she went to the bathroom. Now the story he is reading is not the story he has in hand. He has this little story about 5 little monkeys sitting in a tree. In the story a crocodile gets the monkeys 1 by 1 in the tree. The book says, "snap", "Oh No!". This is what you will hear Coop saying and then Raelynn is trying to tell him the book is about Noah's Ark.

0 comments: