CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A WITCH FAIRY.....

Monday morning while working out I was talking with one of my friends. Somehow the conversation led to Halloween and the huge amount of candy the kids get. She then introduced me to the idea of the "Witch Fairy" which has quickly became my favorite fairy of all. So you see the story goes that after trick or treating, each child selects just a few pieces of candy and then they set the rest of the candy outside for the Witch Fairy. She can only come out and get candy the night of Halloween. If she gets enough candy, she won't come out the rest of the year so it is important to make sure you leave most of the candy for her. In place of the candy that she takes, she leaves a gift for the nice children who help her get enough candy to last the year. When my friend initially told me the story, I just laughed but quickly my laughter changed to interrogation so that I would have all the answers when Raelynn questioned my story. With all my basis covered, I told Raelynn of the "Witch Fairy" that my friend just told me about. With eyes wide and excitement in her voice Raelynn was more than eager to test it out. Tonight on the way home Raelynn asked me if the Witch Fairy was nice or a mean fairy. I told her that she was nice to leave a present for the candy but if she didn't get enough candy she was not very nice. Raelynn turned to Cooper and said, "Coop you get 1 piece of candy because you are 1 and I get 4 because I am 4 and we will put the rest out for the Witch Fairy". Cooper responded with his standard reply, "K". A few seconds later Raelynn asks me if I think the Witch Fairy knows how old she is. I told her I wasn't sure why? She responds, "If she doesn't know we could pretend I am 5 so I could keep 5 pieces of candy". I told her we probably shouldn't take any chances this year. :) Aren't fairy's great! I did ask my friend what they did with all the candy. She told me that sometimes it really is gone when they go out for it because kids just take it but if there is some left they put it in her husband's truck and they sneak out to eat it when the kids go to bed. I hope the candy is just gone because I could see Terry and I sneaking a few pieces here and there too.

Besides the excitement of the Witch Fairy, Raelynn and I made another visit to the pumpkin patch on her school's field trip. We had a great time and it was not as cold as it had been over the weekend. It is fun to watch Raelynn with her friends and the moms are all great. We got a little muddy but other than that is was a wonderful morning.

This week Terry has been having to open the store so he has been leaving earlier than normal. Therefore, the kids and I are left to get ready on our own. Surprisingly it has been going great. This morning Raelynn tells me she wants pigtails like Caroline (a girl in her class). I actually love it when she tells me how she wants her hair, it is kind of fun to try to do it as she wishes and I like that she has an opinion on it. However, I am not very good at doing braids or pig tails or really anything other than curling it. So there I was trying to get her pig tails in and straight and cute. She was sitting still and just chatting away. I was putting a pig tail in for the 3rd or 4th time when Raelynn looks up at me and says, "Mom?". "Yes Raelynn" I replied. "I don't think Caroline's Mom takes this long!". With a smile on my face I respond, "Well I am not Caroline's Mom and if you want pigtails you better not tell me that!" She giggled and just continued chatting. She can be so difficult some times but most of the time her personality is so much fun!!

0 comments: