CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 5, 2009

BUSY WEEKEND....LOADS OF FUN....

What a busy weekend! Friday night the kids and I along with Aunt Bonnie ventured out into the cold to watch Terry ref HS football in Perry. The kids did pretty good and Raelynn bought us hot chocolate with her allowance she is now getting. You can't beat that. The good thing about kids is that their attention span is about as long as mine so by half time we were all ready to go. It was a fun evening though. Saturday we joined some friends on the Kaw Valley Tour of Farms. It was night quite as fun as I had hoped. Some of the farms did not target the kids and therefore got a little boring. Pendletons was a lot of fun though. We managed to last from about 10 am to 1pm so I think we did pretty well. Then it was time to head home for naps before we were off to our next event. Our pediatrician, Dr. Kelley, celebrated his 50th Birthday with a wonderful party that satisfied every age. He had a magician, cotton candy, popcorn, food, drinks a photo booth....you name it he had it. He and his wife are the most incredibly nice people and you can just tell they love to entertain. The kids had a blast and would have stayed all night if we had let them. We were honored to be able to celebrate with Dr. Kelley and his family and friends. Sunday it was up early for church. Tatum and Donovan joined us to visit our church so that was fun as well. Then finally it was home to play and rest. Raelynn was so happy to just be home and able to play with her toys and relax. We had so much fun but little needed down time.

Cooper is really on a roll. He now thinks it is funny to hide from us, run from us while we are trying to get him dresses and to say "no". Needless to say, he is a handful. I have to say I absolutely love it. The boy is so cute and he thinks he is funny. He threw some food on Monday night and when I really got after him he looked at me with this pouty lip and said "Torry (Sorry) Mommy!" I was so shocked I could not help but smile and kiss and hug him. I am sure there were no mixed signals there....one minute I am scolding him the next I am smiling and loving on him. The poor boy is going to be so confused. He continues to do everything big sis does and chatters non stop. I cannot believe how far he has come! Raelynn continues to have her moments but for the most part is completely grown up. She helps me so much around the house and we have so much fun doing the most basic things. Cooking dinner is actually becoming enjoyable because Raelynn loves to help me and really is starting to help. We laugh a lot. She is also getting such a sense of humor and makes jokes all the time. We laugh at our silliness and when we are not laughing at ourselves we are laughing at Cooper. I cannot imagine a home without laughter. Don't get me wrong, we have a few tears as well but it is the laughter that makes the tears all worth it!

0 comments: