CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

FUN TIMES............

It seems like it has been so long since my last post!  Last Saturday was a crazy busy day but a lot of fun.  We started the morning with Raelynn's Soccer Game.  She loves soccer but this year they plan on a much bigger field and well, my daughter is not in very good shape :)  The girls are exhausted by the end of the game.  After that some friends and Aunt Karli joined us and we headed down town for the Band Day Parade. 

It was pretty fun but the highlight was definitely visiting 3 Spoons afterwards!  Then it was back home to eat a bite and then off to the football game.  We try to get the kids to a couple games of each sport every year.  The older the kids get the more fun it is.  We were kind of split up this time with Raelynn and I a few rows in front of Karli and Coop and then a few more rows from Terry.  It was no big deal to be split up but it really turned out to be pretty fun.  Raelynn and I talked a lot about the rules of the game and what was going on.  I know the fact that I was educating our daughter on football terrifies Terry but we had this wonderful older couple next to us who filled in all the gaps.  The kids were absolutely exhausted when we got home but had a great time!

Sunday was the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 of course.  On the way to church I talked to Raelynn and Cooper about what 9/11 was and what it means today.  As I began to describe what happened on 9/11 Raelynn took over and explained to Coop what happened.  As she finished up what she knew I asked her if they had been talking about it at school because she seemed to know much more than I thought she would.  She replied, "No , I saw it this morning on CNN."  CNN at age 6? I am not sure how I feel about that but at that particular time I was really pretty proud of what she knew.

The rest of the week flew by.  On Thursday morning Raelynn left with Aunt Bonnie to the State Fair.  I cried for 30 minutes after dropping her off!  I knew she would be fine but it still tugs at my heart.  She had an amazing time!  She returned Saturday night and was all smiles.  Other than being a little cold, she had a great time.  Besides the excitement of Raelynn returning on Saturday we also had so much fun wedding dress shopping with Steph.  The bridesmaids and mothers joined Steph in KC for some shopping.  She found a BEAUTIFUL dress and had a great time.  We also got the bridesmaids dresses so it turned out to be a very successful day.  It is so much fun watching her prepare for her wedding.  I get so excited thinking about this next stage of life because I know how great it can be.  I can't wait for her to experience it too. 

Next weekend is the CCF 5K!  I hope anyone in the area can make it.  We have some sort of media coverage everyday this week except Wednesday.  I hope this gets the word out for participants as well as letting people know we will begin taking applications for funding next month.  This is all so exciting and so unbelievably rewarding!  I don't know that I could be any more fortunate than I already am being given the opportunity to help so families just like ours!  

1 comments:

Huber Family said...

LOVE the pic of you and Raelynn at the football game = ) Fun!