CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 2, 2011

ALL SCHOOL PARK DAY FOR COOP!

Today was all school park day at Coop's Preschool.  This is a day that the entire preschool gets to spend the morning at the park with their parents.  It is a time meant to let the families get to know each other.  I never got to go when Raelynn was in school and it was no different with Coop.  Fortunately Terry worked things out so he could take him.  It is a fun day for them and Terry was able to meet a couple of the parents I have been looking forward to meeting :)


Both of the kids were pretty tired this morning after spending Thursday evening with friends at the KU Pep Rally.  We have such awesome friends to take the kids to the Pep Rally, McDonald's and then to their house to play while Terry and I attended curriculum night at Raelynn's school.  When I was putting Coop to bed I asked him if he had fun.  He responded, "Oh we had sooo much fun we almost exploded!"  Now that's some fun!  Anyway, while the kids were having a fantastic time Terry and I got to hear from Raelynn's teacher about her plans for the year.  I am more than pleased with her focus on reading and math and cannot wait to watch Raelynn develop.  We are only a few weeks into school and Raelynn is already reading more than I have ever seen her and she writes me messages and notes everywhere.  They are not often spelled correctly but phonetically she is doing amazing.  She is also understanding math better than I ever did at her age and I really liked math.  She is teaching Coop as well.  Tonight As I was making dinner they were having a little snack of veggie sticks.  As they ate Raelynn asked Coop, "Ok if you have 6 veggie sticks and I take 2 away how many do you have?"  Coop did not even pause and responded "4!"  Then he says to Raelynn, "If I have 8 veggie sticks and I eat 3"......he precedes to eat 3 of Raelynn's veggie sticks......"how many are left?"  Raelynn turns to me, "Mom!  Coop ate my veggie sticks!"  Coop defends himself by saying, "well I was just helping her learn math!"  Never mind the big smile he has on his face!!!  I couldn't help but laugh and neither could Raelynn.  So she reaches over and takes Coop's bowl with his veggie sticks and says, "Well I am just helping you learn discipline!"  As I laughed I decided enough was enough and took everyone's veggie sticks and even though they were frustrated I was cracking up inside!

So the perfect start to a perfectly wonderful long weekend! 

0 comments: