CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 29, 2011

DID WE HAVE A WEEKEND.........

After Terry being gone for a few days you would have thought the weekend would have been a little calmer when he returned but instead we were just getting warmed up!  Terry left early Thursday morning for a golf tournament.  We did great getting ready and getting everyone where they needed to be and then had a fun evening.  When it came to going to bed though Coop missed his Daddy!  Terry always puts Coop to bed and the tears just ran as he held on to me telling me in a meek quiet voice that he missed Daddy and wanted to know why he wasn't home.  It was so heartbreaking and cute at the same time.  We managed to cuddle enough that Coop finally fell asleep and all was fine when he awoke Friday.  Terry got back Friday night and had a good time.  Karli and her college roommate, Yung, came up Friday night as well and spent the weekend.  I was a little cautious about the kids reaction to Yung as she speaks little English and I wasn't sure how the kids would react.  Well I guess I was worried about nothing because they talked to her and communicated better than Karli or I.  Coop really latched on to her and she seemed to understand him really well.  He made her play ALL weekend and it may be that she will never want to come back but she seemed to enjoy herself. 

Raelynn had her first soccer game of the season and they got smashed.  The field is twice as big and they have goalies this year.  Raelynn was exhausted from running the field.  Hayden spent the rest of the day and night with us so we did a lot of playing including time outdoors. 

Karli can be prety silly sometimes which makes for a fun afternoon.

We also had some indoor fun making sugar cookies and then pizzas for dinner.
Raelynn and Cooper introducing Yung to Disney Channel

Hayden, Raelynn, Yung, Coop and Aunt Karli's arm making Cookies


Our evening ended with a Justin Beiber movie, of course  Sunday we ha church, 2 meetings and a birthday party so there was no time for rest.  But who would want to rest when you are having so much fun!

Tonight the kids were great.  On the way home from swimming lessons Coop informs me that he wants a new family.  When I asked why he wanted a new family he said, "Because you and Daddy are old."  Raelynn piped in immediately saying,"Mommy's not old, just Daddy."  As soon as I got done laughing I asked Coop why he wanted a new family and who he would like me to talk to to see if they would be his new family.  He said he wanted Terry and Kristi.  I explained Daddy and I were Terry and Krsti.  He said, "No we pretend you are Terry and Kristi, they are the new family and you nd Daddy are the old family.  In fear that I was going to get really confused, I turned to Raelynn and asked her if she wanted a new family too. She responded, "Sure I would take a new family but only for a a little while, remember I don't like to get rid of anything old!"  How true that is.  For the time being Coop and Raelynn are both letting us stay :)



Raelynn pulled her 2nd tooth tonight, finally!  I will never be able to explain how I can insert a feeding tube, assist in changing an arterial line, drain blood after open heart surgery, hold my kids down while getting stitches with no anthestetics.........but pulling a tooth wigs me out!!!  Raelynn has to pull her own teeth and this one was holding on a little long.  But tonight as she sat on the counter in front of the mirror, we were uploading pics to facebook when she says, "Mom I got it."  It was so matter a fact like and then she just cracked up and started running around.  Now I just hope Raelynn can take the tooth fairy's credit card because the tooth fairy never seems to have cash these days!!!!  We are waiting for the money fairy to get home and hopefully he can save the tooth fairy :)

0 comments: