CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 8, 2011

2 SHORT DAYS WITH THE KIDS.........

The kids made it back on Friday night and it was better than GREAT to see them.  They ran and hugged us so hard and held on forever which was perfect!  We enjoyed some time together over the weekend but it was way too short.  The kids had a horse show on Saturday and both did great.  Then we headed back to Lawrence for the fair.  It was fun but maybe not as fun as in the past.  We usually attend on "Family Night" where the rides are discounted.  This year the kids were gone so we went Saturday night and let me tell you, you can drop a lot of money really fast.  That kind of thing makes me crazy because I feel like I am just tossing money out the window.  They did have some fun though.  They always enjoy the petting zoo.  They also wanted to ride the horses even though they had just spent all morning riding horses :)




Sunday Raelynn headed to Aunt Steph's house for the week.  Yep, you got it, she was home for 2 days then gone again.  She and I both cried when she left.  I wish I did not miss her so much.  This week is a little easier because at least Coop is here.  He is enjoying a little more attention and has been great even giving me a few extra hugs.  Raelynn is having a great time in Manhattan.  Today they headed out to Cody's Dad's farm.  Raelynn loves it there because they have a garden and lots of fun things for her to do.  Today was no different.  First, Aunt Steph let her have a soda on the way out which that itself is a huge treat.
Then after a fun time there, Uncle Cody gave Raelynn her first driving lesson.  Everyone will be happy to know she drove great, nothing like her Mother :)


I asked her if she told Uncle Cody she did not have her driver's license.  There was a long pause and then she giggled and said no like she had just gotten away with something she shouldn't have.  As I looked at the picture of her it made me think back to when I was her age and driving on my Dad's lap.  Oh the memories both my old ones and Raelynn's new ones.  We are so fortunate to have family!!!

0 comments: