CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THEY ARE JUST WHAT I NEED..........

Today was one of those days, nothing was really wrong but it just wasn't a great day.  Some things are bothering me, nothing that is a huge deal but you know one of those days.  I call these my "Fat Days".  I had an old friend who termed days like these "Fat Days" for us because you just don't feel good about anything.  Sometimes there is a reason, other times there are so many you can't pin point just one.  Anyway, that was today for me, that is until I picked up the kids.  It is a mad rush for me now after I get off work at 5 I have both kids at different places and they both have to be picked up by 5:30.  This is turning out to be a daily challenge.  So I am rushing to get Raelynn, I run in and she comes walking down the hall with this huge smile and a picture she had drawn in her hand.  She instantly yells for me and comes running to give me a hug.  She is instantly joking around and chattering about this and that.  I am already smiling.  As we sign her out and rush out to the car to head of to get Coop she says "Mom, look at my picture and I have a story to go with it."  The one thing I have been working really hard on and even told the kids I was working on it is to stop when I am rushing if the kids need my attention.  So I took a deep breath and as I am buckling up and starting the car I have her hand me her pic.  I take a look at it and then let her know I have it in my mind so now she can tell me the story as we drive to get Coop.  The story went like this.......

This is me in a wedding dress and this in Justin Beiber in a tuxedo.  We are getting married.  This is Daddy and he is a monster coming after us (she says with a big giggle)  He brings me back home.  Then Justin Beiber comes and gets me again and this monster is you (she laughs again)  You bring me back home again.  Then Justin Beiber comes and lives with us because you won't let me leave and he kisses me.

She is laughing so hard by this time and I am laughing too.  Then she says, "You know Mom I am going to grow up and marry Justin Beiber."  "I almost guarantee you will not marry Justin Beiber", I tell her.  "I know but you know I will have to leave and get married to someone but don't worry if you don't get rid of the stuff in my room we will come and stay with you too."  "Ok but can we wait awhile before we talk about that and can you just be 6?" I ask her. Raelynn responds with laughter in her voice, "Oh Mom you're so silly, I love you and Dad and I will always need you and I will have to grow up and leave but I won't go far I promise."

So by the time we get to Mary Beth's we are both laughing and I had forgot all about my "Fat Day".  Then Coop comes running.....Mommy!  I get the biggest hug!  He jumps in the car and give Raelynn a huge hug.  As I buckle him in Raelynn asks how his day was and how school went.  He tells her the A/C wasn't working but it was fun.  He then asked her how her school was and she starts telling him her story about she and Justin Beiber.  When she gets to the end and tells him about them kissing, Coop covers his face and says "Oh Brother!"  It was hilarious!

The rest of the evening was just as great!  Thank you Raelynn and Coop for ending my Fat Day!

0 comments: