CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 21, 2011

HERE WE GO AGAIN..........

Time is once again flying by.  Last week was basically a blur.  I took Monday and Tuesday off because I did not have anyone to watch Raelynn and it was awesome having 2 days with them before school started.  Well I guess I should say Tuesday was awesome but Monday was a little rough.  Raelynn had not been home for some time with all her visiting the family and I think she forgot some of our expectations.  This is a nice way of saying she acted terrible all day.  I even sat her in timeout for her constant complaining and whining.  I must have gotten through to her though because Tuesday was back to normal and we had a great day. 

Some time ago I had promised Raelynn that if she stopped putting her fingers in her mouth (nasty, germy habit) I would take her to Build-a-Bear.  We had never been and Raelynn had been asking to for some time.  Well she did stop putting her fingers in her mouth so we decided Tuesday after her school physical we would head to KC.  Her physical went great and Dr. Kelley confirmed she is growing by leaps and bounds.  She weighs 48 pounds and is 44 inches tall!!!  Coop disassembled Dr. Kelley's "tools" while waiting which gave us all a good laugh too.  After that we were off to Build a Bear.  We had so much fun and ended up with Heartlynn and Snuggles!



Wednesday was back to school for Raelynn and back to work for me.  I can hardly believe Raelynn is in the 1st Grade!!!!  She did great that morning and we took lots of pictures.  I just look at her and the tears roll.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to watch her grow and mature but I am equally miserable thinking of the day I will move her out of our house and on to her next chapter of life.


Thursday was my first day of volunteering at Raelynn's school.  I am reading to the K-3rd grade before school begins.  Thursday was a little rough as I had no idea what to expect but I have to say Friday went very well and I am super happy I chose to do this.  The kids are great and it gives me an extra 30 minutes a day to be with Raelynn!!!

Then Friday came along and we headed to Topeka to check out Karli's new dorm.  This is the one that is killing me right now.  Karli was 9 months old when I left for college and now she is in college.  This terrifies me knowing how quickly this all happened.  I know Karli will do great at school, she is an amazing woman.  The fun thing for us is she is coming here every Sunday to go to church with us, do laundry and eat. We are thrilled that we will see her so often.  Tomorrow is her first day of classes and I cannot wait to hear how it goes.

Tomorrow is also Coop's first day of pre-school.  I will save my feelings on this until tomorrow because I am afraid I will get my self all upset if I start talking about it tonight.  He has really done all his growing and maturing in the past year and I am so thankful, proud, amazed and happy that he is more than ready to be in preschool.  Cooper has really been an amazing little boy and he doesn't even know it.  I love him so much and every second with him I just want to hold onto every sound, smell and thought he has!  I am sure he will keep his teachers hopping but always with a smile.  Tonight I layed out his clothes and he said, "That is what I wearing to my first day of preschool." "Well that's boring!"  And here I thought I would only have the clothes issues with Raelynn!

Last Tuesday morning Coop decided Raelynn's bed looked pretty cozy!

0 comments: