CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 13, 2011

WE ARE ALL FINALLY BACK TOGETHER......WELL SORT OF....

Last week Raelynn spent the week with Steph and it was definitely a long week.  I missed her so much.  It does give Coop and I some special time together though.  He is just too funny and is so easy to care for.  He is pretty laid back just like his Dad and just kind of goes along with whatever.  Monday night Terry's Dad ended up in the hospital for pneumonia so we went to KC to visit him.  He is doing better but still having a little trouble.  Tuesday we came home and played "tackle".  It is his favorite game!  I just never have the heart to tell him he is never going to really play football.  Maybe if we keep playing "tackle" he will be tired of it by the time he is old enough to really be able to play.  Wednesday is was off to swimming, Thursday hair cuts and Friday we picked up Raelynn!  The week went much quicker than I thought it would but still was too long. 

Raelynn had a great time visiting Aunt Steph.  She always gets to visit Cody's Dad's farm which she loves.  This year while on the farm she got her first driving lesson.  I about had a heart attach but they said she is a better driver than I am!

They also kept her well sugared up with soda and homemade ice cream sandwiches.  You can see now why she loves it there!


I have to thank my family greatly for helping us care for my kids with a month without daycare.  Karli spent a week here babysitting, then a week with Coop at Steph's, a week with both of them at Mom's and then a week with Raelynn at Steph's.  The kids loved every minute, I of course despised every minute but I knew they were being loved which is everything!

So finally we are all back home....except that Raelynn is at a sleep over tonight.  I hardly could let her go but it had been planned for well over a month and she had been looking forward to it longer than that.  I told her after tonight, she was all mine and I wasn't ever letting her go again.  Oh how I wish that were true.  School will be starting soon and our hectic lives will resume.  I love the chaos we live in but the summer days seem to give us just a little more time together and I will miss that over the winter. 

The next week is filled with madness! We have an event of some sort every night and on some nights we have two.  Raelynn starts school on  Wednesday and then Cooper the following Monday.  I am so excited for them both and cannot wait to hear about the new teachers, friends, etc.  Wow I love being a Mom!  I had almost forgotten how much until today.  Not having both of them pulling me different directions for the past month, I had forgotten how good it felt.  Today I had a million things to get done and almost got half of them done.  That is a successful day in my eyes because I know while I wasn't getting the other half done, I was laughing, playing or snuggling with the two best kids in the world!

0 comments: