CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 9, 2011

I HAVE A BORING JOB AND I AM A BAD COOK :)..............

Every year Terry's niece, Wendi, and her husband have a huge party with wonderful food and fun bands.  So Sunday night we all headed out to their farm in Oskaloosa.  We had to drag the kids away as they were having too much fun dancing to the band.  The pics are pretty dark but I think you will get the idea!  They both dance better than either Terry or I!




My 6 year old has a HUGE sense of humor and thank goodness so do I.  On Tuesday Raelynn did not have school nor did they have Boys and Girls Club so Raelynn spent the morning with me at work until Aunt Karli finished classes at college and then she came and picked her up around 11am.  Raelynn did fantastic at work.  She wrote in her journal and played her DSi and was just fantastic letting me work which was good because I was swamped.  Anyway, the phone was literally ringing non stop.  At one point I had just hung up the phone and it rang again.  Raelynn says, "Jeez People!  Give my Mom a break!"  I giggled as I answered the phone.  Once I was finished with the call Raelynn says, I swear this is exactly what she said, "Is this what you do all day, listen to people and take care of their needs?"  "Well pretty much!" I responded.  She decided being in the insurance business was not really for her!  After a bit she says, "Mom are you bored?"  "No, why, are you?"  "Uh yea like 2 hours ago!"  Good thing Aunt Karli was on her way!  I actually really enjoyed having her there for a few little chuckles throughout an insane morning.

The rest of the week went as most weeks do, fun but busy.  Then last night Raelynn decided to inform me that I am a bad cook.  She has gotten to be a pretty picky eater and does not care for meat of any kind.  Every night I cook a homemade meal for us all to sit and eat together.  Last night we are eating and Terry or I commented that Coop was a good eater and that Raelynn used to be.  Terry says to her that she used to try everything.  Raelynn responds that she always tried everything at Mary Beth's.  That started a whole conversation about how Grandma Karen at Mary Beth's is a good cook and makes everything from scratch.  When I pointed out that I too made things from scratch Raelynn responds, "No you use a recipe, Grandma Karen doesn't need a recipe she just knows how to make things!"  So basically my daughter let me know that my cooking stinks and considering I don't really like cooking but do it almost every single night, I took the comments pretty hard.  I am only kidding, it was all in good fun and Raelynn knew exactly what buttons she was pushing!  I shared the story with Karen this morning when I dropped Coop off and she could only laugh and remind me that she has had many years of practice!  However, I am pretty sure I will never compare no matter how many years I pactice! :)

There are so many things that we try to teach the kids and set good examples but you always wonder if it is really sinking in.  Last night on our way home from school Raelynn says, "Mom, John (I changed the kids name :) ) doesn't believe in God, can you imagine not believing in God?!"  I let her know that there were always going to be people that don't believe the same things she does but she needed to just stand strong in her beliefs.  She responds, "Well I told him he should believe in God because God believed in him and he just needed to have faith."  I was a little taken back by this very mature response so I asked her if she knew what it meant to have faith.  She says, "yea it means you believe it in your heart and you can't really see it but you can feel it and so you know its real."  I told her I was very proud of her and God would be proud too.  Then she says, "Mom what will happen to John when he dies if he doesn't believe in God".  Oh boy, I wasn't really ready for that one so I took a deep breath and I said, "well honey, those that don't believe in God spend eternity which means forever even after they die with the devil in a very sad place."  Raelynn looks at me with her big brown eyes filled with tears and says, "that's awful, I will talk to John tomorrow, can you imagine never getting be in heaven!"  By this time there are tears in my eyes and all I can do is look at her in awe, I cannot imagine having the maturity and confidence that she has at 6. 

So we started our weekend out right just chillin' at home tonight.  The kids started playing Mario Cart on the Wii and got in full gear for their race.  Lots more fun to come.....

0 comments: