CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I NEED JUST ONE MORE DAY........

It is unbelievable that the weekend is already over!  I so need one more day! As so many know, when you are a working Mom there is just no way to pack everything that needs to be done in 2 days and that leaves me to sometimes feeling like I did not make enough time for the kids.  So as they are now asleep and we start another work week, I just wish I had one more day!

Last week was a fun one and a glimpse of what the summer is going to be like.  Coop started Blast Ball which is a form of T-ball for little ones.  He did great and the coach was surprised at his strength compared to his size.  Coop absolutely loved it.  Two of his friends from daycare are playing as well so it really was awesome.  Coop is just growing up so fast and is such a great kid.  He is so laid back and such a clown.  I just love this age!  So now every Monday night we are playing Blast Ball!



Then Tuesday nights are reserved for swimming.  Both Raelynn and Coop are taking individual lessons now as oppose to swim team.  We do this during the summer just to break things up a bit.  Raelynn loves individual lessons and I see drastic improvements.  Coop always does the individual lessons and has not made it to swim team level yet.  But on Tuesday he decided he wanted to learn to dive and his coach went along.  Coop was cracking up the hole time.  He has no fear of the water any more which only makes him dangerous however he strength in swimming is improving rapidly.


Wednesday was suppose to be an evening at home but during the day I received a call and the LJWorld wanted to do an article on the amazing teen that had raised over $1500 for CCF.  They wanted us all to meet up at the park so they could get some pics.  It was a great evening and the kids just got more time to run and play which of course made them happy.

Thursday was Terry and I's 9th Wedding Anniversary.  It still amazes me how our lives have changed in 9 years!  I am the luckiest wife in the world and know that my greatest gift is simply our day to day lives.  But Thursday I got a little spoiled.  Terry surprised me with beautiful roses and licorice which I love.  We also got to go out for dinner just the two of us.  Tom and Jan offered to keep the kids while we went out to eat.  It was so nice and we enjoyed our selves.  We really should do that more often !!!!  The kids also had a great time and when I asked them to get the toys picked up so we could go home Raelynn says, "Mom you're such a buzz kill!"  I couldn't help but laugh and then ask where she had heard "buzz kill" which she prom[tly responds, "TV".  Of course, and my kids don't even watch much TV!


In addition to Terry and I's Anniversary, Thursday also was pretty exciting for Raelynn.  Aunt Bonnie has decided that it is time Raelynn to have real riding lessons.  So Bonnie had set up her first lesson for Thursday afternoon.  When I picked Raelynn up and I listened to her tell me all about the lesson, tears came to my eyes just listening to the passion and excitement in her voice.  She truly loves this!

This weekend I have to admit was a little hectic.  Satruday morning I helped with a 5K at our church and was there by 6:30am.  Bonnie picked Raelynn up for her horse show at 7am.  Then when I finished the 5K, I met Terry and Coop and Coop and I went to Ottawa to watch Raelynn at her horse show.  She did awesome and really started to apply what she had learned at one lesson.  She ended up with 2 Thirds, 1 First, 1 Fourth and 1 Fifth.  She is just doing awesome!!!  After the horse show we rushed home to meet Steph and Cody who came up to help us start on our new deck project and then over to friends to grill by 5pm.  Needless to say Saturday flew by.  Today was filled with cleaning and organizing and getting ready to start another week.  I have a feeling as the kids continue to get older and more involved in activities this will only get worse.  I just hope we(I) remember to stop, breathe and remember how important it is to just enjoy our time together wherever we might be or whatever we might be doing.




1 comments:

Kevin Nguyen said...

Congrats on your anniversary!!! And where can Meg and I get involved with blast ball?? haha :) We'd at least like to come watch Cooper play it!