CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 3, 2012

AWESOME WEEKEND.........

The weekend ended great.  Thursday and Friday evening Coop and I came home and watched movies.  Coop loves movies and never gets to watch them because every movie he likes is too sad for his sister and she refuses to watch them.  So given the chance to watch any movie we have, Coop chose Annie.  It was awesome, it took us two nights to finish but it was great snuggle time.  Friday night Raelynn got home which was the perfect ending to a great week!  I missed her soooo much!  Thank you Mom and Karli for bringing her back to me.  Then we were up early Saturday morning headed to our first horse show of the season.  The kids had not practiced because Aunt Bonnie, who does all the training, had taken a bad fall back in April and has been unable to do anything.  Even with no practice Raelynn and Cooper placed in every event they were entered in.  Raelynn is even in riding classes this year which gives my heart a rush but she LOVES it.  They both did wonderful and we are so thankful to Aunt Bonnie for giving our kids this opportunity.  We also picked up 4 tickets to Schlitterbaun in a silent auction for a steal so I am super excited about that :)











After the horse show we came home and just did "Saturday" things and hung out with the family.  Coop and I were wrestling as we often do.  Coop is a pretty tough little boy and loves to wrestle.  We had been wrestling for a bit when Coop ran at me just as he had been doing and I caught him with my hands and lifted him up and then laid him on the floor like a wrestler.  Only this time, I am not sure, but I am assuming when I caught him with my hands I caught him more in the stomach than on the sides.  Anyway usually as soon as he hits the floor he is jumping up laughing but this time he didn't.  I instantly grabbed him and lifted him up.  His eyes rolled back in his head, his body went limp and his lips turned blue.  This has happened one other time, a few years ago when he fell off a slide and the wind was knocked out of him.  I don't remember exactly what they ended up diagnosing it as but it is just like a seizure but really is not.  Anyway, Coop's behavior mimicked the last time exactly.  I think this could happen daily and I would never get used to it.  It is just like Coop is not there; you look in his eyes but he is not there.  This time I lifted him up quickly and spoke sternly to him and seconds later Coop seemed to come back and then he just started crying and sweating profusely.  It was so good to hear his cry but I just cannot shake that distant look he had for those few seconds.  My heart goes out to families who deal with frequent seizures because it really is so scary.  I am still unclear why this happens to Coop when the wind gets knocked out of him but one thing is for sure, Coop and I's wrestling is going to be a lot gentler regardless if Cooper likes it a little more aggressive!

Today was an amazing day.  Late this afternoon we met a family whose son had raised money for CCF.  This story is a fantastic one.  Dallas Hunt had found $300 in a parking lot of a business, he returned the money to the business but after they held the money for sometime and it went unclaimed, they called Dallas and told him the money was his.  As he and his father went to pick it up Dallas said he would like to donate half of the money to a charity.  His proud parents told him to do some research and find the charities he would like to donate to.  This is where CCF comes in.  He found us and decided to donate the entire $300 to us but didn't stop there.  He asked his principal if he could raise money at school.  His principal told him he could present the idea to the Student Council and by the time this young man was done he had raised over $1500 for Cooper's Cause Foundation.  As we spent time with the family this afternoon it was easy to see how this 14 year old was driven to do this.  His parents were fantastic loving and caring people.  He has a darling little sister who befriended Raelynn quickly.  The entire family was outstanding.  We were so touched at so many levels and as a parent I could not help but be proud of him.  The money he raised was only the tip of the iceberg with this kid.  He spent the afternoon playing football with Coop and pushing him on the swings and then just sitting and talking with us.  It really was a wonderful afternoon!  Once again Cooper's Cause Foundation has led us to a family we may have never met and they have not only touched us but so many others through us.  We literally have to be the most blessed family ever!



0 comments: