CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2012

WAS THAT A WEEKEND?????

What a weekend filled with firsts!  Friday night the kids and I went on a hunt for some dress shoes for Raelynn to go with her Christmas dress.  After 5 stores, 3 hours and a little complaining from Coop we finally found the perfect pair.  The urgency was for the Christmas outfit was because Raelynn had been invited to go to the Nutcracker Ballet with her sweet friend, Jackie.  She was sooooo excited and I think I was equally excited!  I love exposing the kids to the arts and this was something I had never seen either.  What made it even better is that her wonderful friend that invited her had a little more insight than the average attender. Her Mother had danced in this very performance from the age of 7 to about 16.  They picked Raelynn up about 4pm and the girls got all dolled up together, then out to dinner and then to the show.  Raelynn had the time of her life and I was so thankful for such a wonderful family to invite her for her first ballet.  They didn't leave Coop out of the excitement either.  Jackie's little brother is on the same soccer team with Coop and they have gotten to be friends through that and since Raelynn and Jackie are such good friends.  So he invited Coop to hang out for the evening and to spend the night.  This was Coop's first sleepover and he was equally excited as Raelynn.  He did abosolutely great and had a great time as well!  Terry and I were a little lonely but Terry almost has the deck done and I almost have my Christmas shopping done so it was a successful night for us all.



Sunday we headed out to Bonnie's to make some Christmas candy.  I used to do this every year with Sherri when she lived in Kansas City but have kind of missed it over the past several years.  Carol joined us as well and really had a good time!  I also ended up with more than enough candy to make some great candy trays.  Coop also got his birthday gift from Aunt Carol, a remote helicopter.  This ended up being a gift for us all.  It was so fun to play with!!!





Hunter visits Santa!


With all the excitement of the weekend, we were hardly ready for Monday morning but it came anyway.  I have to wrap everything up this week and weekend as next week we will have Coop surgery and be down for a few days.  I would rather not think about that quite yet as Coop is worrying enough for all of us!

Besides the cutie to the right, Coop and Raelynn were pretty cute at their re-enactment of The Little Rascals.

0 comments: