CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2013

FRUSTRATED.........

Well today I think I may have gotten a little frustrated to say the least.  First let me start by saying we are spoiled horribly when it comes to our doctors.  We love them and we always receive wonderful prompt attention.  In addition we have a wonderful nurse at our pediatricians office that ALWAYS provides us with answers.  I usually text this particular nurse to call me when I have issues with Coop or if it is an emergency I contact our doctor directly.  This morning however I did not feel there was any emergency to the questions I had so I decided to go through "normal" channels and just call to talk to our pediatricians phone nurse.  When I called and left a message for her, I was asked what the call was regarding and I let them know the whole situation about Coop bleeding for over 10 hours from a tiny blood blister this past weekend.  When the nurse called she had no idea why I was calling and didn't even know Coop was a cardiac kid.  Maybe it was my fault that I assumed they would at least scan his file before calling or while on the phone.  Anyway, as soon as I mentioned he his last surgery and she figured out he was a cardiac kid and was on 1/2 an aspirin she said I should call the cardiologist.  I did not disagree with this and was not at all bothered about her recommending us to call them.  I always start with our pediatrician but understand if a situation is referred to our cardiologist.  So I called the cardiologist nurse and guess what?  She would not even acknowledge the length of time he bled and just said we should have the spot checked out by our pediatrician and this wasn't a cardiac issue.  She literally said to me, "Well as a Mom I would want to know what this spot is that was bleeding."  I calmly said, "As a Mom I would just like to know if my son is bleeding to death from a paper cut what my options are!"  I think she caught on to my sarcasm but again referred me back to my pediatrician.  I was so frustrated by this time and knew that my normal calm self was being replaced with a psycho angry Mom that I chose to make no further calls.  What is most frustrating is that at either office I have no idea if my actual doctor even knew I called.  I also still am a little uneasy should Coop have any real cut or bloody nose or bumped lip and the bleeding won't stop, what do I do then.  I guess being a prepared parent is not that important nor is the fact that our son's blood took over 10 hours to clot!  Ok, so yes, I am a little frustrated at this point but tomorrow is a new day and maybe I will be ready to try addressing the issue again in my nice calm voice and not my psycho angry voice.  Wish me luck!

0 comments: