CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It is unbelievable that it is 2013 and if it wasn't for the uncertainty of the economy, I would be sure that this would be one of the best years yet.  We had a wonderful New Year's Eve with a few friends and too many Margaritas!  The kids have started the year out full of silliness.  Raelynn continues to be one of the funniest people I know and yet one of the most interesting.  Tonight, as she was playing on her iPod and we were approaching bedtime, I reminded the kids it was time to go brush their teeth.  Without hesitation, without looking up from her iPod and with with a slight grin, Raelynn responds, "I'm sorry, I'm unavailable."  I often wonder where she gets this stuff but regardless where she hears it, her personality is what drives her sarcasm.  I continue to wonder if I will still find humor in her and her "off the cuff" comments when she is in her teens.  Coop continues to be adorably cute and sweet and carries his own sense of humor.  He is equally as witty but just presents it in a different manner, one with more orneriness than sarcasm.  He has developed such an imagination and he wants to know how everything works and what parts make it up.  The other night as I am waiting for him to go potty, he is completely distracted by trying to figure out exactly how the flushing system works.  I cannot help but laugh because he reminds me so much of Terry.

On New Year's Day I sat to write down my 2013 Goals.  The kids asked what I was doing so I explained what and why I was doing.  Then last night Raelynn says, "I have made my goals for 2013." What was more, she did not only have a list of goals but also an outline of how to achieve her goals.  Her goals were very relevant from goals on how to relate with her friends to improving on certain aspects of her horse shows.  I was so proud of her and just thought about if she can do this at 7 what she may accomplish at 18 or 25 or 30.  I love my kids and watching them develop and can only hope I am introducing them to things that can make them more well rounded.

2013 could not have started out better in every aspect except financially.  I am terrified at how the economy is going to recover or not recover and what journey that will make for us as a family.  I continue to work on our budget and continue to ask "How?" but with each concern there is still a very vivid reminder of how fortunate I am that this is my only real concern and that I am abundantly blessed in every other aspect of my life.  With that I say, "Bring on 2013, I can handle anything with my family and friends by my side!!!

0 comments: