CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2013

WHAT A SOMBER WEEK..........

This week we have seen a lot of scary things.  I have several friends that have encountered terrible losses or scary illnesses.  It really makes you reflect on what you have and what really is important to you.  I think Terry and I have a better understanding of this than some, but even so we still have to squeeze the kids a little more.  Tonight neither of the kids are home.  There is no school tomorrow but unfortunately Terry and I still have to work so we had to make other arrangements for the kids.  Raelynn is at a friends house and Coop is at Aunt Steph's.  I know they are both having a great time but I miss them.  I always do.  I don't know how you can't miss cuddles and kisses and smiles and laughing and constant chaos.  I always try to get so much work done when they are gone but instead just find myself thinking about them.  I love my kids so much!  They both know too and it is so sweet.  Coop gave me extra soft kisses on the cheek and told me how he always misses me when he is gone.  I know it is all for my benefit because he left without even looking back but I still love hearing it.  Raelynn just makes fun of me and while we were waiting for her friends we sat on the couch chatting.  As she was teasing me and we were laughing about how much I miss them she says, "well I guess we always know you love us!"  That was a perfectly wonderful thing to say because I never want me kids to question if I love them.  She knew too because she let down her sarcasm, smiled at me and said, "I love you just as much", and gave me a big hug.  Gee I wonder why I miss having them around?!

This past week was a little busy as everything is in full swing.  On Wednesday night at Karate as Raelynn took class I watched some, talked to Coop some, and cleared email while we waited.  After we got home and Raelynn got out of the shower she said out of the blue, "when I looked over at you tonight you weren't watching me."  "I watched you", I replied.  "Well when I was looking at you you weren't watching me and that made me feel sad, I just thought you should know." I felt horrible and so happy at the same time.  I felt horrible that she thought I wasn't watching her and that made her sad but I was so happy that she was so willing to communicate that with me.  I sat down next to her and thanked her for telling me and we discussed how it made her feel, how I appreciated her telling me and then how much I admire her.  I would have given anything to be able to verbalize some of the times I felt unimportant or ignored.  I keep thinking if our communication can continue like this, we actually have a chance of making it through the teen years.

Saturday was a fun day.  Raelynn had a Brownies meeting and Coop had soccer.  Then the kids and I met their cousin for a birthday lunch and then play at Laugh Out Loud.  They had a great time!






Then we got home and decided it was a good night for a movie night.  It is so awesome to just snuggle and watch a good movie.  So needless to say Saturday was a good day.  Today however seems to have been a lot of trying to get stuff done but succeeding at very little!  We will start fresh tomorrow though :)
Ms Thing modeling her newest style :)


0 comments: